The next PDX spike event.

soup

I dont think I would get much interest in a mechanical bull riding PDXspike event here in Salem. I have another idea for the next spike event, but wanted to ask your opinion.

Here is the idea: Meet at the coast for a bonfire and general run of the mill beach activities. We can enjoy the ocean, hide caches in a bottle, and play beach volleyball, beach volleyball polevault (ala Jackass Movie).. Just some random ideas, you got some better?

I think I can find a place, but its in Lincoln City, and it might be kinda far for some of you so... if you know of a place by Seaside or Oceanside, then let it be known to the group. This place needs to be on the sand, allow beach fires, and close proximity to the ocean.

I just want a beach bonfire. I dunno why. Would you be interested?

So the pole is.. what day would you be able to attend?

-s

I vote 8/2. Bonfire sounds cool icon_smile.gif

Wannatagalong and I are flying out to Arizona on 8/9, the day of the Trading Caches event, and returning on 8/23, the day of The Game II. Gonna miss these two icon_frown.gif

Hope this one can happen before or after that time frame...

My mind not only wanders...

Sometimes it leaves completely...

**Namaste**

Sound like a great time to me. My vote is for Aug 2nd or Aug 3rd... that's SOON though... but it is summer... gotta take advantage of every weekend!

Aug 9th and Aug 10th are bad for me... I'm going to be lucky if I can make it to the local event (Trading Caches) on the 9th.

I'd love to be there though... sounds like fun.

Beach good!

Saturday good!

I can bring my favorite summertime beach drink: Yukka Juice!

Put the following in a sun tea jar:

Juice of 6 lemons

Juice of 6 limes

1 bottle of good tequila

1 cup of sugar

Fill with ice

Shake for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy!

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45* 30.ish

W 122* 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

I can bring my favorite summertime beach drink: Yukka Juice!

Dude! That is so funny, since we used to call it Yukka Flats, and it was always the new guy who would shake the container the entire time.

I just thought it was a made up drink, so my friends could laugh at me shaking this freezing 5qt container for 5 minutes. Too bad I already got my revenge on them for my incorrect thought.

Huh.. a real drink eh? As I remember, its good!

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Anyone can roast beef.

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

I can bring my favorite summertime beach drink:

Speaking of beaches and drinks, a couple of years ago I was sitting in a lounge down in Florence, and this really hot and sultry woman comes in and orders a Jagermeister and Red Bull. I've been hooked on that drink ever since. Not sure if it because of the lasting image of her or that it's really a pretty cool drink for summertime sipping.

Nehalem Bay State Park has a long stretch of beach and is fairly close as well as Oceanside.

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

We can't make trading caches, so Our vote is for the ninth, because we'll already be in Newport camping that weekend. Lincoln City would be ideal since we'll be right down the street. Seems like there's one reason or another why we won't be able to make any of the upcoming events. August 2-3 we're tied up with a friends wedding. However it works out I'm sure it'll be enjoyable for everyone who shows up.

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

quote:
Originally posted by soup:

Dude! That is so funny, since we used to call it Yukka Flats, and it was always the new guy who would shake the container the entire time.

I just thought it was a made up drink, so my friends could laugh at me shaking this freezing 5qt container for 5 minutes.

Someone told me the secret the first time I made it.. Wrap the container with a towel.. It ends up freezing itself to the container...

And yeah.. it's yummy stuff icon_biggrin.gif

Dang.. I'm ready for the beach NOW!

-fractal

Ok, as soon as I return from my trip (mondayish), I will choose the day that was most popular with everyone for the event.

I am ready for the beach action as well.

Surfs up amigos!!

Well well.. Looks like 50% wants it on the 2nd, and 50% wants it on the 9th. How about that for definitive answers. Since the 9th is busy with the trading caches event, lets go for the 2nd.

Now, I will contact Oregone and others who have suggested sites, get coordinates, and set up a event page for the event. Coolness!

Spike at the Stack will be this weekends PDXspike event location.

August 2 at 5 ish. Come early, come late, bring whatever as this is strickly non-formal event. Coordinates will be off by a little, but we can be found by a flag, glowstick, FRS radio channel 2, subchannel 0. Or contact me offline for my Cell number. Fun will be had by all. -C

Coolness icon_cool.gif

We will be there for sure. Curious what other folks are doing for the night. Anyone planning to stay in Cannon Beach? If so where? Anyone know a good CLOSE place for beach camping?

My mind not only wanders...

Sometimes it leaves completely...

**Namaste**

pdxani-75x125.gif

Yeah, we are bringing camping stuff, but I dont know where its "leegul" to camp on the beach.

I suppose if you can have a fire, then a tent will not be bad. Bring on the MD2020!!

Excerpt from my cache log: I couldn't believe that soup had the time to lay out all that reflective tape and driftwood to make the Geocaching logo! Did you get Jeremy's permission for that? Shinwa and I had to climb the cliff to get a birds-eye view of it -- awesome! The thing must've been 50' across!