Appeal an Earthcache denial?

ArtieD

Hi there...

I recently submitted an Earthcache (GC6XYN9) and it was denied because the reviewer said it was too similar to a nearby Earthcache (GC4FAAC). I feel the lessons are different enough to allow for both. My lesson is almost totally based on fossils and the existing one is more based on rock formation, with a casual mention of fossils in it.

I sent the reviewer a reviewer note, but I have not heard back from them. Is there any way I can appeal this decision? I feel that my proposed Earthcache stands on its own from the one nearby.

Thanks.

Hi there...

I recently submitted an Earthcache (GC6XYN9) and it was denied because the reviewer said it was too similar to a nearby Earthcache (GC4FAAC). I feel the lessons are different enough to allow for both. My lesson is almost totally based on fossils and the existing one is more based on rock formation, with a casual mention of fossils in it.

I sent the reviewer a reviewer note, but I have not heard back from them. Is there any way I can appeal this decision? I feel that my proposed Earthcache stands on its own from the one nearby.

Thanks.

Yes, you can appeal it to Groundspeak. Send an email through the Help Center, categorized as an appeal, with the GC number in question and the issue.

I feel that my proposed Earthcache stands on its own from the one nearby.

How far away from the published EC are we talking about? :unsure:

Over a mile away in a city.

Wow. I first thought it was maybe 528 feet or less. Maybe you will get a response from the reviewer now after posting here in the forums.

As for myself, I gave up on ever listing another EC. :ph34r:

Is there any way I can appeal this decision?

Or you could just Enable your Listing. I don't put Listings pending Review on a Watchlist, so posting a Note on the Listing page without Enabling it won't get my attention.

I will post a reply on your Listing page. Just an FYI, I'm also available via email and message center.

Edited by geoawareUSA1