Changing my geocaching name...

oregone

You know, what with Wayne, dreeble, and falcospav all changing their names lately, i've been considering doing the same. 'Oregone' is starting to get boring. Please vote, but be sure to offer your suggestions! Here are my top picks so far:

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Using a tool from Oregone himself...

NO GOREE

RENE GOO

GONE ORE

O GONERE

EGO RENO

OGRE ONE

GORE ONE

ERGO ONE

Seriously, keep it dude. What else would we know you by? Your indian name Dances-with-Cache?

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

What do you call 2,000 pounds of Chinese Soup? Won Ton.

You have more caches found/placed combined then anyone else in the state and it could be argued that your logs have enticed more people in Oregon to try this sport than anyone else. You are, in fact, the de facto Oregon Ambassador for Geocaching! icon_cool.gif So using Oregon as a namesake is more than fitting - it just seems right! Of course you might be feeling guilty about not placing any Oregon History Lesson caches? Or maybe you haven't found one in every county yet? Well, until you do both, then I say keep the name and get out there and promote geocaching all over the state. And if you really feel the need to change - try changing your beer, your avatar, your job, your marital status, your favorite pub - anything but your name! icon_wink.gif

you could pick a post WWI airplane name like sparrowhawk did. The sparrowhawk was a scout plane that would be lowered from the huge, lighter than air zepplin style ships. There are alot of cool aircraft names.

TOMCAT

HORNET

INTRUDER

B-52

SEA-KING

VIKING

or right from WWII itself, ZERO

The History channel is fun, isn't it?

super92 or did u graduate in 93?<BR><BR>ah leave it. What would geocaching be w/out "oregone". nothing more than a sad place i suspect.<BR><BR>One shot, one cache.

WoW. Yes don't change the name. I think it was Dec. 28 2002 when Slinger 91 and oregone attended the very first Bremerton Cache Machine. And they also attended my "Pro 67B" event where I served coffee and rolls to the participants and had a cache stuck up the rear end of a hollow owl. I am almost 84 but I can remember the two of you like it was yesterday. Dick W7WT

super92 or did u graduate in 93?<BR><BR>ah leave it. What would geocaching be w/out "oregone". nothing more than a sad place i suspect.<BR><BR>One shot, one cache.

WoW. Yes don't change the name. I think it was Dec. 28 2002 when Slinger 91 and oregone attended the very first Bremerton Cache Machine. And they also attended my "Pro 67B" event where I served coffee and rolls to the participants and had a cache stuck up the rear end of a hollow owl. I am almost 84 but I can remember the two of you like it was yesterday. Dick W7WT

Look at the age of the thread. :):D

His logs were terrific. Only problem was that he usually took months to get around to logging his caches. Some of them could almost be classified as X rated. Those were the good old days. Dick, W7WT

Yeah, his logs sure were fun to read! Ran into him and Slinger91 at the Yakima cache machine back in '03. I was with Moun10bike and George1949 (or something like that) that day. MedicOne had just lost the rear driver's side tire. Somehow he was able to pull off the highway safely and got to a shop and went back caching later that day!