Map my Finds

envchemist

Is there a way I can map my finds? I'm working--off and on--on a Delores challenge. Should would be nice to be able to see where I have been and where I need to do without laboriously going through my list.

Thanks!

Nydia

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?f=1

Hit the map button (bottom down right)

Hans

What I see at that link is "Map the first 1000 caches" on the top right. I scrolled all they way down and saw nothing at the bottom. As the OP has only 262 Finds, this will work, for now.

I run a "My Finds" pocket query and download the .gpx file to my computer. Open Google Earth. Under the File tab, click on "Open". Where it says "Google Earth (*.kml .....), change this file type parameter to "All files". Locate and select the .gpx file you downloaded. You may have to click OK on another pop-up box. The data will then be imported and you can zoom around and see your finds.

Is there a way I can map my finds? I'm working--off and on--on a Delores challenge. Should would be nice to be able to see where I have been and where I need to do without laboriously going through my list.

Thanks!

Nydia

Since you're looking more at Delorme challenges than at just ways to see your finds on a map, I'll add three ways to check progress.

Project-gc.com has challenge checkers that will let you know whether you qualify for specific Delorme challenges.

If you upload a "my finds" pocket query to mygeocachingprofile.com and then go to the maps page, it will show you maps by state for both counties and Delorme pages cached.

Or if you use GSAK, you can download a my finds pocket query, then run the challenge macro for as many Delorme challenges as you want. It'll open up a list in GSAK of the qualifying caches you have, plus it will open up Google Earth and show the Delorme grids and the qualifying caches you have.