adding points (score) to an Urwigo

joris1984

hello again, i almost finished mine first cartridge!!

The last thing i want to do is work with points

i have 5 questions (multiple choice) in 5 zones, in the start there is only 1 zone active with 1 question, after answering the 2nd zone come active (if answer is bad, you have to walk to a punishment zone) and it goes on till the end

Now my idea is to give the player points after finishing each question, so when he arrives in the last zone and the score is not 5/5 than the player don't get the coordinates and code, so for every point he comes short, he has the walk some punishment zones.... after completing the punishment zones, he will get the code and coordinates

so how do I do that...

You should create a variable. Than set this variable to zero in the begining of your cartridge (OnSTart event). Each time the user answer a question correct or enters a penality zone, increment this variable with 1. At the end, you could check if the value of this variable is 5. If not, activate the penality zones.

so for every point he comes short, he has the walk some punishment zones.... after completing the punishment zones, he will get the code and coordinates

This is exactly why I started writing my own Wherigos. I personally think the idea of punishment a zone/task, backtracking for no good reason especially when it's a good distance, is totally lame. That's just MY opinion and it isn't worth dirt. I am just explaining how I personally became a Wherigo publisher. You continue building adventures the way you want.

And in full disclosure, ONE of my cartridges has such a task but you only have a 50-50 chance of hitting the trigger, and even then, you only have to do it once and it's no more than 300' away. In my case it works, because if you answer the incredibly obvious question wrong, this would be the one time you would deserve a little pain :P