New Garmin 610 / Add found geocaches

Wolf_Pack_

I have just bought a Garmin Montana 610 for geocaching. I'm kind of new to GPS technology. Is there anyway for me to add my found caches so I do not have to manually do it within the app? I've looked around and found some tutorials and programs. But none of them answer the question directly. I have found 169 caches and putting those in manually would be a difficult. Thanks everyone.

I have just bought a Garmin Montana 610 for geocaching. I'm kind of new to GPS technology. Is there anyway for me to add my found caches so I do not have to manually do it within the app? I've looked around and found some tutorials and programs. But none of them answer the question directly. I have found 169 caches and putting those in manually would be a difficult. Thanks everyone.

Not being rude, but why do you want to put your found caches on the GPSr?

Not being rude, but why do you want to put your found caches on the GPSr?

Not sure the OP's reasoning, but I load mine on via GSAK as POIs.

That way, when I am out in the field placing a cache, I can select previously found caches to check proximity (I live in a very cache dense area).

The problem with the "My Finds" pocket query is that it includes finds that are archived. If you need your found caches as reference when placing a new geocache, I suggest either including them in your local PQs or creating a new PQ that includes only caches you've found. This will ensure that you only get currently active caches. (assuming this is the intent)

That way, when I am out in the field placing a cache, I can select previously found caches to check proximity (I live in a very cache dense area).

For this purpose I have a PQ of all local (definition of "local" may vary) caches; this would then include all currently active caches I have found, have not found, and have placed.