Wireless transfer of GPX from iPhone to Oregon 600?

deepo

Is it possible to transfer a GPX file from an iPhone onto an Oregon 600 using wireless transfer?

When I go out geocaching I have usually prepared visiting a few geocaches by downloading a GPX file for the caches I want to visit unto my Oregon 600. I do that from my desktop computer using a USB cable.

But some times I end up visiting more geocaches than I had prepared for and would like to know whether it's possible to transfer GPX files from iPhone to an Oregon 600.

/Mogens

Although you cannot use the 600's wireless function, it is possible to transfer gpx files from an iPhone to an Oregon 600 - I can't remember when was the last time I used any other method.

There are various threads that discuss it, including my own explanation, but the short answer is that you will need a small wifi router. I use the Kingston MobileLite, which is about the size as of my iPhone, but there are other brands as well. Connect the Oregon to the router using a USB cord, connect the iPhone over the dedicated wifi link, and you are good to go. The app I use (Geosphere) makes this easy by allowing me to do live searches (or filter offline databases) and export a gpx file through the router.

I have also used the router to transfer OSM maps to the 600 in the field or upload field notes from the 600 through the iPhone.