[BUG] Navigating to a waypoint or solved geocache

plowfive

Hi, I am surprised this isn't already listed in here, but in the Android version of the app, navigation only works to the originally posted coords for a puzzle cache. Even if I add a waypoint , it is impossible to choose and navigate to the waypoint. The app will always navigate to the originally posted coords, no matter what I do (the compass though will point to the solved location). This is a real pain as I then need to put coords into google maps manually to get to the final (yes a first world problem!). My wife has an iphone and it is possible to navigate to the solved location with it. Ideally it should be possible in Android to navigate either to original posted coords or the solved coords, or any user defined waypoint. To me this is such a fundamental feature of the app I am surprised it hasn't had more/any bug reports. Would greatly appreciate it if the developers could have a look at this issue. Given that it is working in IOS would be nice to also have it working in the Android app for those of us that don't use Apple.

thanks and regards, Ken (Plowfive).

I BELIEVE that if you have 'solved coords' on a cache in the Android app, you can select whether to navigate to the orig posted or solved location.

When you open a puzzle cache without a solution, it will ask if you want to enter 'solved coordinates'. Once they're entered, either directly on your phone or via download, the word "SOLVED" should appear in the lower left corner. Then, click the "Waypoints" tab at the top, and you should see both sets. Select either, and click the appropriate 'navigate' up-arrow. Should take you to the selected location.

Now, I'm working from memory here (don't tell my boss), so please report back and tell me if I'm remembering it correctly.

Pro'ly not. (sigh)

That's how it's meant to work but it doesn't. When you press the navigate button (the arrow) it will open your navigation app (in my case Google maps) and navigate to the original posted coords no matter what. One of the HQ Lackeys contacted me and investigated and agrees it is a bug needing fixing.

That's how it's meant to work but it doesn't. When you press the navigate button (the arrow) it will open your navigation app (in my case Google maps) and navigate to the original posted coords no matter what. One of the HQ Lackeys contacted me and investigated and agrees it is a bug needing fixing.

When you say it "opens your navigation app", do you mean it opens ANOTHER application, different from the GC app?

I ask because this summer I specifically used this functionality to find the puzzle cache POSTED at the Central Park Zoo in New York City and HIDDEN, well, somewhere else.

works fine for me.

i used it yesterday and it worked as it should.

How are you defining "worked as it should"? There are several option being discussed.

Does it:

2. Open Google maps,
  3. Go back to the GC in-app map when you click on a set of coords under "Waypoints" and take you to the SOLVED coords, regardless of which set you select, or
  4. Go back to the GC in-app map when you click on a set of coords under "Waypoints" and take you EITHER the SOLVED or the POSTED coords, depending on which arrow you clicked?

In my opinion, for it to be 'working', it should do the third option! For me, it's doing the second.

Edited by TeamRabbitRun