Notifications via text message

parenthood101

I am trying to set up my notifications to be sent via text message. I put my text message email address into my geocaching account, I click verify account. The verification message comes through my text messages just fine but when I click on the link to verify it, it just sends me to the add an email page and doesn't verify it.... any suggestions?

Messages to your phone can be limited, similar to twitter, except with more characters allowed. So that means the link is cut off. For example instead of www.geocaching.com/gcabcd1234 which would take you to a cache, it might be www.geocaching.com/ which would only take you to a home page.

A solution would be to use an email app. I personally like the Gmail app. What happens is that when you get an email, it goes to your phone right away. Also you can use it on multiple devices (like a tablet and a phone, or 2 phones, one for you one for your partner.) And if you switch phone numbers you don't have to change anything. I'm sure there's other email apps as well, but since I use Gmail that's all I can suggest.