Can't download one specific cache from my iMac to Garmin 62S

camnpete

I used to be able to go to geocaching.com and find a cache that I wanted to download to my 62S. After connecting the 62S to my iMac, all I had to do was click on "download to GPS" on the cache page and then click on "write" and all of the cache information would be transferred to my 62S. NOW I'm not allowed to click on "Write". so I'm no longer to able to download individual caches to my GPS 62S from my IMac, (which is running IOS version 10.12.1). HELP!

Hi Hans,

I must be doing something wrong. I have the 62S connected to the imac and I've located, but not opened, Garmin/Garmin/GPX on the 62S. Then I click "download to GPX" on the cache's webpage, but it's not getting to the GPS. Do I need to drag and drop anything? If so, which part of the cache's web page do I need to D & D? The GC#? The cache name?

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Hans,

I must be doing something wrong. I have the 62S connected to the imac and I've located, but not opened, Garmin/Garmin/GPX on the 62S. Then I click "download to GPX" on the cache's webpage, but it's not getting to the GPS. Do I need to drag and drop anything? If so, which part of the cache's web page do I need to D & D? The GC#? The cache name?

Thanks,

Pete

The Garmin Communicator plugin is on its way out. It uses old and insecure technology to do what it does, and many browsers have dropped support for that particular technology. Safari was the most recent, which is probably why you've just started encountering this problem.

It isn't looking promising for Garmin to come up with an updated version of the plugin, so you'll probably need to start using different methods to load caches. As a Premium member, you can use Pocket Queries to load caches in bulk, and this doesn't require the Garmin plugin. The other alternative is to use the GPX button as described by HHL. Instead of clicking "Send to My GPS", instead click "GPX file" and manually save the file to the GPX folder on the device. This is all the plugin did.