Permission?

justintim1999

Don't remember anyone asking if they could put this on my cache. curious to know what others think of this?

Not casting aspersions or anything, but I wonder if the land owner/manager goes out to do some maintenance whether he might be having difficulty remembering anyone asking if they could leave a pill bottle/tupperware box/ammo can on their land?

Anyway, to answer the question, I've seen stickers from the QR code game on some caches I've found, though not mine. I would say you're entirely within your rights if you wanted to remove it from your cache, if it's not actually attached to your cache but is attached to something else at the same location, then I reckon you should leave it alone. It may bring more finders to your hide, though some of them won't be cachers and so it may be at greater risk of being muggled though it's only worth removing it if the MZ listing is removed as well (assuming it is an MZ).

Edited by MartyBartfast

Not casting aspersions or anything, but I wonder if the land owner/manager goes out to do some maintenance whether he might be having difficulty remembering anyone asking if they could leave a pill bottle/tupperware box/ammo can on their land?

This is why people hate coming to the forums.

And yet I did offer a direct response to the OP's question.

What's the value of your contribution?

It doesn't bother me. QR scanners have placed the codes on and in my geocaches. It's no skin off my back.

That was my initial thought as well. I guess it was the simple lack of common courtesy that ultimately made me remove it.

I don't care for the idea of punishing someone for not being polite enough, but I'm also fine with you removing the sticker. The fact that they didn't confer with you tells me that they're prepared to accept the sticker being removed.

This is why people hate coming to the forums.

And yet I did offer a direct response to the OP's question.

What's the value of your contribution?

After you got your baseless digs in. Don't pretend to be innocent while condemning me.

As someone who played this other game, if you don't want non cachers coming to your cache, removing it alone is not going to help. They will still come to find it until it is in maintenance mode or removed from the other site. My guess would be is sign up, scan it and send a polite message on how you prefer not to have the QR code on your cache.