Garmin maps from OSM

Gill & Tony

I've recently created two maps using garmin.openstreetmap.nl and neither has arrived. I received both "Tracking ID" messages, but the e-mails giving the download URLs haven't arrived. One was a couple of days ago and the other was early this morning, about 7 hours ago. Both tracking links say that the requests are no longer in the queue.

I read my e-mails directly from my ISPs mail server, so they haven't gone into my spam folder. They simply haven't arrived at my ISP.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

I once had to wait several days for a map, though that was an exception as there had been a problem and there were hundreds of queued jobs.

I thought the "tracking" mails contain a link to show you where your job is in the system? If so what does it say about your job?

FWIW I just created a map as a test and there are no queued jobs so mine was processed in seconds.

If I was you I'd either resubmit the request, or figure out which of the pre-compiled maps (whole countries) would cover the area you need and download them as they're immediately available.

Edited by MartyBartfast

There are currently issues with the site that the creator (Lambertus) will need to fix, but nobody has yet been able to get in touch with him. For anyone interested, the main support discussion for that site can be found in the OSM Forums here. There are several different discussions ongoing about the current outage all over the interwebz, but any communication from Lambertus will occur on the discussion linked above.

In the meantime, a list of alternative OSM-on-Garmin maps can be found here.

4 hours ago, hzoi said:

Bump.  Anyone else having issues with raumbezug.eu? I get a lot of code errors, and when I tried emailing them, it came back as undeliverable.

I just brought up that site and see lots of errors. If their email isn't working either, you can probably consider that site to be "done". I've heard good things about BBBike.org as an alternative for OSM Garmin maps (I don't use it myself because I bake my own maps).