how?

toil&trouble

Okay, not new to Geocaching, but have never done a Wherigo. We are doing a local challenge, and with one cache flooded, and three Wherigo, looks like we might need one of them. So, we have been caching with the iPhone, works great. We have an Gamin Oregon, but just quit using it because the phone is better for us. We can't seem to get the Wherigo app to open, downloads, but when we try to log in, it says it can't communicate with Groundspeak, can't verify. So, tried the Oregon, but can't find a folder to put the downloaded cartridge to. Any suggestions on first the iPhone because we'd rather use it, if possible. Second the Oregon, will use it if necessary.

I believe the newer Oregons don't support Wherigo.

Here's a way that should get around the iPhone issue. Go to the Safari app and log in. Go to the cartridge page and click to download for Pocket PC. The iPhone should ask you what app should be used to open the Wherigo cartridge file. The Wherigo app should be listed there. Select it and the cartridge will appear in the Wherigo app (I'm not sure if you'll have to restart the app as I'm writing this from memory).

(If there's two of you, it's double, double toil&trouble!)

Thanks for the reply. We managed to get signed in to the app, by signing to Wherigo.com first. Then, I just tried downloading a cartridge for pocket pc, and that worked. Hadn't tried it because of course an iPhone isn't a pocket pc, but what can you do? We'll get out tomorrow and try our first Wherigo cache