Get player coordinates

Plateo et Ana

Hello,

At first, sorry for my English. There's a thing I dont know how to do in my cartridge, and I've not found anything on the Internet, so I ask my question here.

My problem is simple : I'm searching a way to get the player's coordinates during gameplay, and I want to store that position as a variable. How can I do that ?

In my cartridge, the player is chased by cops. Those cops are represeted as a zone. I used the "ZoneMover" scripts to make that zone move to a specified location, and it works perfectly. What I want to do now is that the zone move towards the player, trying to reach him. And for that, I musst replace the ZoneMover location to the player's actual location. But I'm unable to get that information.

Any idea ?

Edited by Plateo et Ana

Privacy is a major concern of Groundspeak, and geocachers. That is why this is not permitted.

Of course, On-Star can tell them where my car is parked. And the recent news report of the man who threw his kids off an one-hundred-foot bridge and jumped himself. He died. The kids survived. His location was tracked from his cell phone.

Privacy is a major concern of Groundspeak, and geocachers. That is why this is not permitted.

Of course, On-Star can tell them where my car is parked. And the recent news report of the man who threw his kids off an one-hundred-foot bridge and jumped himself. He died. The kids survived. His location was tracked from his cell phone.

Um, you know this is a forum about Wherigo cartridges, right? It's not like the cartridge is going to transmit the player's location to the world or anything. Of course it knows where the player is. I am hoping somebody answers this guy's question. I know it must be possible because of the existence of "play anywhere" cartridges.

Edited by fizzymagic

Yesn considering that Wherigo knows when the player is in a zone or not, I think that the position musst be stored somewhere in app, and that we can retrieve that information. But I had no luck so far.

I precise that this position will not be sent anywhere, and I will not retrieve it for my personnal use. It'll not be saved on the cartridge. I'll just be stored during gameplay, and updated several times during gameplay to make my zones move.

Edited by Plateo et Ana