Any tweaks or tips available for oregon 750t

mikeD

I looking for two tweaks if available

Have had unit for 3 months, a mix of delight and frustration. I upgraded from 64s

Frustration 1

Live GC download. Won't rant on intermittent service and inability to download full data but when I do get unit to connect the list of lists shows PQ that I did some time ago. Just now I have only 4 downloadable PQ. The unit shows 9. These include some done a month ago. Cannot get unit to refresh list to current status. Tried deleting downloaded info. No joy

Any ideas please?

Frustration 2

In activity mode the map screen is locked first up. Hit a small icon and one can move away from that screen N,S E or W.

The lock also avoids inadvertent screen changes

Btw I find the unit prone to changing setup of screens and fields

I use the user key defined screen on/off but even in activity mode this is not enough to stop the unit doing its own thing

Thus I am torn between activity mode and going back to classic

In classic mode this screen lock icon does not exist or does it?

Any suggestions please

I looking for two tweaks if available

Have had unit for 3 months, a mix of delight and frustration. I upgraded from 64s

Frustration 1

Live GC download. Won't rant on intermittent service and inability to download full data but when I do get unit to connect the list of lists shows PQ that I did some time ago. Just now I have only 4 downloadable PQ. The unit shows 9. These include some done a month ago. Cannot get unit to refresh list to current status. Tried deleting downloaded info. No joy

Any ideas please?

Frustration 2

In activity mode the map screen is locked first up. Hit a small icon and one can move away from that screen N,S E or W.

The lock also avoids inadvertent screen changes

Btw I find the unit prone to changing setup of screens and fields

I use the user key defined screen on/off but even in activity mode this is not enough to stop the unit doing its own thing

Thus I am torn between activity mode and going back to classic

In classic mode this screen lock icon does not exist or does it?

Any suggestions please

#1 is purely a Geocaching.com issue, and has little to do with the GPSr.

#2 I personally have my 6xx/7xx set to turn off the screen when I double click the power button. A single click brings up the status page, which provides the lock/unlock function.