Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Tante.Hossi

empty lines in multi-line input fields

24 posts in this topic

It started today.

Everytime I try to put some text into a multi-line input field (textarea) at the Waymarking site, there is one or more empty line(s) already included inside the text field.

My browser and computer have not changed since yesterday.

Was there any change at the Waymarking site?

Is it only me or do others have this problem as well?

Today I'm on the WAYMARK-WEB01 Server (if this helps).

I have same issue with text on new waymark posts.

I have same issue with text on new waymark posts.

We are experiencing the same situation with new submissions for review. However, upon including a note in the approval/decline this seems an improvement as you can add a line space, not like it was when everything was just one big paragraph.

I did recheck in the past history and the line spaces were included. :rolleyes:

I am seeing this too. It's annoying to start typing on line 2 because the site adds a line of blank text! I keep having to correct that - booorrriing

Also -- if you go back to the edit/add information page after unloading pictures, the blank lines you took out are BACK!

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

I am seeing this too. It's annoying to start typing on line 2 because the site adds a line of blank text! I keep having to correct that - booorrriing

Also -- if you go back to the edit/add information page after unloading pictures, the blank lines you took out are BACK!

UPDATE 21 Oct: the problem is WORSE -- multiple lines are now being added, and everytime you go to a new page, or back and forth, more lines are added! My short description was pushed 7 lines down, making it seem like the description has been deleted.

If you change categories -- 6 lines are added in each multi-lined variable box. HELP

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

It started today.

Everytime I try to put some text into a multi-line input field (textarea) at the Waymarking site, there is one or more empty line(s) already included inside the text field.

I'm seeing this too.

Well this problem of extra lines is still annoying and needs someone's attention. :mad:

Why is this not fixed yet?

This problem exists since two weeks. It was reported here at the forum on the first day it happend.

But it has not been solved yet.

So it was time for a support ticket at Groundspeak.

I have send them this message:

Hello Groundspeak Support-Lackeys!

I know that 'In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com in the past couple of years, it has been necessary to shift previously dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support.'

But we have a technical problem at Waymarking.com

Since two weeks every (!) multi-line input field at Waymarking.com includes empty lines. This causes a look of unuseful work for us waymarkers!

I have posted the issue on 21/10/2016 at the official forum: http://forums.Ground...0

But the problem still exists. It has not been solved.

Please ask one of the developpers to take an eye onto this problem. PLEASE!!

So let's see if anyone is willing to help us.

This is the answer from Groundspeak support.

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ. We are aware of the issues with Waymarking and our devs are trying to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this fixed soon.

Sounds good to me!

Are you still having a problem with extra blank lines?

It has been over three weeks since the last post assuring that it would be fixed soon...

They are quite the nuisance, especially in the write-up boxes below the main description box.

Agreed - every time you go back and forth, it adds another line!! Change category: +7 lines! Grrrrr

This is the answer from Groundspeak support.

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ. We are aware of the issues with Waymarking and our devs are trying to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this fixed soon.

Sounds good to me!

It is a month now since this update, however the problem still exists. Anytime soon?

It is a month now since this update, however the problem still exists. Anytime soon?

What would annoy me most (if I did waymarking) is that they introduced this same problem on the geocaching side and then fixed it within a week.

The problem still exists. So I have created a new Bug Report at Groundspeak.

Hello Groundspeak Support-Lackeys!

I know that 'In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com in the past couple of years, it has been necessary to shift previously dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support.'

But we have a technical problem at Waymarking.com

Since several weeks every (!) multi-line input field at Waymarking.com includes empty lines. This causes a look of unuseful work for us waymarkers!

I have posted the issue on 21/10/2016 at the official forum: http://forums.Ground...0

I have already sent in a bug request on 3/11/2016.

Your answer was 'Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ. We are aware of the issues with Waymarking and our devs are trying to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this fixed soon.'

There was a simular problem at the Geocaching-Site and it has been fixed fast. So your developpers know what to do!

But the problem still exists. It has not been solved.

Please ask one of the developpers to take an eye onto this problem. PLEASE!!

Thanks a lot!

Tante.Hossi

I hope they will fix it soon ... :ph34r:

Think it's pretty obvious that their tech support is all wrapped up with the latest round of Geocaching "fixes", even though the Waymarking probs are potentially far more serious...

I got an answer from my Bug Report at Groundspeak.

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ. As previously stated by my co-workers. our developers are well aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. Although they have not yet found a solution, this is on their radar and it will hopefully be fixed soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Ellis

Community Manager

So the developers at Groundspeak are well aware of this issue. So we could hope they will find a solution for this problem and for the others.

It is over three weeks since the last update, the problem still exists.

Your assistance is requested.

Update: The extra lines seem to be gone.

Thank you.

Yes, and after three months (exactly) of getting rid of that pesky blank line I still try to do it out of habit. Now it'll be three weeks before I can quit trying to remove it. It became automatic - click "Post New Waymark" - remove empty lines...

But THANK YOU to whoever did that (fixed the problem, that is)!!!

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters

Yes! I can also confirm: No more empty lines!

Thanks for fixing!