Kitsap and Mason County Caches

Fledermaus

Kitsap and Mason Counties are not in the "Outback" or "Backwoods" of Washington State. Consequently, we would like to see more of you "Big City" geocachers over here on this side of the "Pond". We have a lot caches of varying designs awaiting for inexperienced and experienced geocachers alike. I bet you could spend the whole weekend or longer over here in the Port Orchard, Bremerton, Silverdale and Polusbo areas and never run out of caches to hunt. Hope to see you soon!

BTW, how do I change that word "Geocacher" under my Bat logo in the upper left corner?

When All Else Fails, RTFM!

quote:
Originally posted by Fledermaus:

Kitsap and Mason Counties are not in the "Outback" or "Backwoods" of Washington State. Consequently, we would like to see more of you "Big City" geocachers over here on this side of the "Pond". We have a lot caches of varying designs awaiting for inexperienced and experienced geocachers alike. I bet you could spend the whole weekend or longer over here in the Port Orchard, Bremerton, Silverdale and Polusbo areas and never run out of caches to hunt. Hope to see you soon!

BTW, how do I change that word "Geocacher" under my Bat logo in the upper left corner?

When All Else Fails, RTFM!

I'm headed back over there, man, before too long. You are right...there are sure a lot of caches over there. Good place to bring hte count up in short order. I see besides you, Headlama has been real busy putting caches out. Gotta see one of his coins...I'm doing a similar thing with Polymer clay, but in the design process still. Beautiful area over there! I agree, more of us should head over.

Great mix of hard and easy ones. City types and rugged ones.

Oh yeah, with regard to the text below the avatar, you have to go to your profile page and choose to Edit link. You will see an option for the Forum Title...just fill in the text you want.

I've been itching to get over to the other side of the pond...even have a couple of routes of geocaches all mapped out. Hopefully, my husband's upcoming vacation will give us some time to go exploring.

I know there are many caches over there, but do you have some recommendations for must-do caches?

Cin

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Except you forgot Gig Harbor, home of some of the best caches.

When are you Gig Harbor folks going to secede from Pierce County (and stop throwing tax money into the black maw of Tacoma) and join Kitsap (and start throwing tax money into the black maw of Bremerton)?

I can understand why it's hard for people to get to the Kitsap Peninsula. I have to make special plans to get from Bremerton to Port Orchard to go caching.

As far ast the ones I have done, here are the caches I would recommend most:

1. Howe Farm series in Port Orchard. And not just because one of my caches is there. It's a lot of fun and you can get 7 caches in one stop. Plus Criminal's VII is one of the most fun caches I have ever done.

2. Illahee Forest caches in Bremerton. I don't mean to be self promoting - I also have a cache there. This is more one stop shopping, but some of them are pretty cool. Plus it'll give you a chance to see the Forest in "before" mode, as supposedly "they" are cleaning it up. The caches there are - Mat Cauthon's Cache, Imperial Data Cache, Outback Computer Exchange, Head's Up, Drive By and Caching, Hundred Acre Woods and Then Some, and Tanda's Toy cache.

3. The Lockbox in Pendergast Park in Bremerton. Very cool idea. In fact, I borrowed an aspect of it for one of mine. Plus there are four other respectible caches in that park.

There are many more fine caches in the area. If Headllama hadn't moved and archieved it, I'd say the Eggspedition caches were must-do, but alas, they are gone.

First I want to say to Fledermaus: The caches over there are wonderful! I have been there twice (not with the Cache Machine) and have truly enjoyed myself. It's so easy to get to. For Northenders and Eastsiders, you can take the ferry from Edmonds and it's just a short drive. Or the ferry from Seattle. I like the peaceful way (Edmonds)You could grab a bunch in one day! icon_eek.gif

Hey Mr. Bat, How come you keep hiding RED MENACE from me every time I cache there? icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Except you forgot Gig Harbor, home of some of the best caches. Also the original home of the Night Only series.

Criminal: I did my own, what I called, My Bremerton-PortOrchard-GigHarbor Tour. I took the ferry then went down and around the Narrows to come home. There are some great caches there also.

On my tour cache I stayed one night at the Motel-8. Decent and resonable.

I am definitely going back over. There are tons more since last summer when I was there.

We have never thought of it as backwoods. Just sometimes harder to reach. It is one of the places that Rickie and I used to visit and hike before we started caching, just for the joy and beauty.

Maybe us "mainlanders" don't get over that way too much. But we are always meaning to.

Since we've been caching, I think we've been there once. And that is our bad and our loss.

BTW. Are you sure that you really want to promote it so? One of the things we love about that area is how remote it can seem.

Matter of fact, Rickie is going out of town tomorrow and Mr. Wienerdog left today. So that leaves me and Ms. Wienerdog a plotting and a planning and this was one of the places that is on our list!

I can just picture it now.

...We are approaching the cache site when who jumps out of the bushes but Evergreenhiker! In another bush, MTB jumps out. And before you know it, there's Flyingdogs and Runhills! And Bebubo, too! We find the cache only to meet Cooperdog and Marcus A. on their way up the trail followed closely behind by Leatherman, whose was heard mumbling "I hear there is some evil in these here hills and I'm hear to root it out...