Just a Question...

T0SHEA

As I look through the threads in Features & Functions looking for a simple answer to a simple question it seems overwhelming at times.

A search usually does not bring up the answer I am seeking.

Hopefully this thread will assist. Have a simple question, ask it here.

My question is, in the new category Religious Building Multifarious we created a "Service Times" field in the variables. I realize now that I need to increase the field more to the size of "address". My question is simple, if I edit and increase the size of the box will it removed all the information in the times field that are already filled in with the approved WMs?

When you change the variable type, you will usually lose your content. But you can create a new multi-line text box, then you have three variables and can manually copy the values to the new one (as long as it's still just a handful of waymarks). Finally you can delete the now obsolete and redundant single-line variable.

I tried to open show category for Children's Museums, and it does not open. Seems we have had this problem on a few other categories from time to time.

Does this happen with other waymarkers, or is it just us?

Update: Seems to be working now.

Edited by BK-Hunters

I tried to open show category for Children's Museums, and it does not open. Seems we have had this problem on a few other categories from time to time.

Does this happen with other waymarkers, or is it just us?

Update: Seems to be working now.

I experienced this a few times, but I have no idea what the reason was, and it was usually temporary. I think this happened only with categories that have an apostroph in the name, but it's maybe coincidence.

Can someone please explain to me in layman's term what is a Waymarking Footprint?

It seems to be broken now and that's no surprise. If my memory is correct, years ago the function on Google Earth gave me a sense of the most distance waymarks that I had created (the northernmost, the easternmost, etc) by shading in the geographic space within the extremes. Now when I run the Waymarking Footprint, I see nothing.

Area Encapsulating elyob's [1133] posted waymarks

Perhaps the area encapsulating my posts (brag brag) is now so large that the software crashed. :P

Edited by elyob

I noticed the "report" at the bottom of forum posts:

What is it?

How to use it, and under what circumstances is it used?

Is it based on the forum guidelines?

Who receives it, and

What are the usual results.

Perhaps BruceS can clarify its use or anyone else.

Please do not use names or specific circumstances. This is just a general question.

I noticed the "report" at the bottom of forum posts:

What is it?

How to use it, and under what circumstances is it used?

Is it based on the forum guidelines?

Who receives it, and

What are the usual results.

Contacting the moderating team & reporting posts, from the "Help" button on the main forum page.

"Report" is used to alert the moderators to a post that violates forum guidelines. Most often it is used to report spam. Moderators can see your message (there is a space for you to say something about the post). The usual results are that the spam becomes invisible to forum users.