An embarrassing question

acachebox

I have to ask. I have 2 icons on my I Phone. One open as Geocaching.com and open to my profile page. The other opens to Find Nearby Geocaches.

I assume the Finding Nearby Geocaches is the app and if that is correct how do I get an icon for my profile page on the i phone?

Edited by acachebox

I have to ask. I have 2 icons on my I Phone. One open as Geocaching.com and open to my profile page. The other opens to Find Nearby Geocaches.

I assume the Finding Nearby Geocaches is the app and if that is correct how do I get an icon for my profile page on the i phone?

There are two official Geocaching Apps. One is the recent free App called "Geocaching", and it has an opening splash page close-up of sticks and rocks on the ground. The icon looks like this:

505261bf-63aa-44d1-9535-81c231062bff.jpg

The other is called "Geocaching Classic" and is the one that sold for $9.99, and is no longer available for purchase. Its splash page shows green hills. Here's the icon:

71fa2f19-9772-49b9-9708-84064b3dabcf.jpg

iPhone Apps will tend to not close when you open another App, and they remain at the most recent page. So either App may open to the last screen viewed. Using Safari on iPhone, it's easy to set any web page as its own icon. If you did that and don't want that icon, delete it.

Edited by kunarion

This is at least rhe third time you asked this. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=336969&st=0&p=5560180&fromsearch=1entry5560180

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=332365&st=0&p=5507971&fromsearch=1entry5507971

If I remember correctly, the one that opens to geocaches is the app. The one that opens to your profile is the webpage.

From now on whenever you have a question, look HERE first, rather than posting the same thing a million times.

Edited by T.D.M.22

This is at least rhe third time you asked this.

From now on whenever you have a question, look HERE first, rather than posting the same thing a million times.

Rather than just posting a link some explanation as to how you found my past post would have been helpful. I realized I had asked this before. That is the reason d=for the title.

I am a significant poster, 6500+, on another forum that has a very poor search function and we advise members to use Google to search within the forum as the results are much better than the forum search function.