CANCELLED BY OWNER - event

CoolaPL

Hi,

is there any regulation or rule for event logging?

It's regarding event: Cancelled event. Owner has cancelled event on the day of event. Some people were already travelling to posted cords and appeared on cords during event time. Obviously there was no one else in this time. Can it be logged in formal way or not? If yes/no - could anyone provide guideline, explaination, answer or statement from Groundspeek?

Cheers

CoolaPL

I couldn't find anything about a CO canceling an event the same day it's scheduled, but there is wording in the Help Center about attending...

"In order to post an "Attended" log on a geocaching event, you must have been at the coordinates designated for the event, during the designated time period."

On what happens if you log an event that's been canceled... other than the Help Center's "Geocaching HQ will not police disputes regarding false logs on Event Caches but may reinstate "Attended" logs in certain situations." , I couldn't find anything on that either.

I've logged less than half the events attended, but I might have made an exception here, maybe so it draws attention (as you're attempting now), and becomes part of the help center info.

If I went to an event, I'd log that I attended it without thinking twice, being very careful to explain why I was there, whether it was because I didn't see it was canceled or because I knew it was canceled but went anyway, or whatever. And, of course, I'd make sure to talk about what happened when I was there, such as whether anyone else turned up and how long I was there.

I wouldn't worry about rules, regulations, or guidelines unless the event owner deleted my log.