Garmin Communicator

GrateBear

Is anyone having trouble sending coords to their GPS unit using a MacBook? I have an Oregon 450, trying to send coords for a cache to it, and the message says the Garmin Communicator is not installed. I've installed it 3 times, and even that page says it is installed. It's always worked in the past, but now--nothing. Tried with a Dakota20 also, and get the same message.

Wait... aren't you fairly active on the forums? Is this a legit post? It's the daily question from newby members.

Most browsers have ditched support for NPAPI plugins. Just use the "download gpx file" and save it directly to your device. I assume you use Pocket Queries most of the time?

Wait... aren't you fairly active on the forums? Is this a legit post? It's the daily question from newby members.

Most browsers have ditched support for NPAPI plugins. Just use the "download gpx file" and save it directly to your device. I assume you use Pocket Queries most of the time?

As long as they don't adjust the help center, this page, this question will keep on returning I'm afraid.

Yep, it is legit. For years, I've had no problem when I want to send just one cache to my GPS units using this approach. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the latest OS version. I have another MacBook at work that has not been updated yet, so will try that Monday. I do use pocket queries all the time, and have had no problems with those. This was just to get the Corps of Discovery cache loaded, as it finally got to ID again. The easy work around was to pick a cache on the GPS and enter the next stage.

I'll post again on Monday if it works with the old OS.

As long as they don't adjust the help center, this page, this question will keep on returning I'm afraid.

That's exactly what I did--four times. And each time it told me that I did not have the plug-in, even though I did.

It's because Safari no longer supports NPAPI (chrome hasn't for over a year now). It might still work with firefox. Again, just download and save the gpx file directly.

Are you after the whole Corps of Discovery trail, or just one cache on it?

Thanks--I'll give it a try. And, just the traveling Corps of Discovery cache.

There's a traveling cache?

There's quite a few of them. Here's a list I put together--if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else.

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=ec246f60-ed37-47b1-8a3a-d9e6df783fd6

ps--I didn't build this list myself--built from lists others had put out there.

The list is private. I'm guessing this one wasn't part of the Corps of Discovery trail in Lewiston.

There's a traveling cache?

There's quite a few of them. Here's a list I put together--if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else.

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=ec246f60-ed37-47b1-8a3a-d9e6df783fd6

ps--I didn't build this list myself--built from lists others had put out there.

The list is private. I'm guessing this one wasn't part of the Corps of Discovery trail in Lewiston.

Try this again--I just made it "public".

Still says private.

Update on the issue--I just tried it on my MacBook that has not been updated to the latest OC. Worked just fine--sent the cache with no problem.

Are you using Safari for your web browser?

One more try: https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=2cc6c181-ebf8-4e71-80e4-ecca77406409

I rebuilt it as public and shared.

And, yes, using Safari. Plan to try Firefox next time I need to download just one cache.