Can't download caches to GPS

na kupuna

You didn't say what operating system nor what web browser you tried. So I'll make a wild guess and assume it's the Windows 10 Garmin Communicator issue (which actually affects a bunch of updated web browsers, it's not exclusive to Win 10). Here's one of the discussions about it, which details a couple ways to keep "Send To GPS" working for now:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=334207&view=findpost&p=5538114

I have a MAC pro lap top. The browser is Safari. In the past year I used both the lap top and Garmin GPS's 62st/Oregon 650t go through 1500 Geocaches w/o any problem s until today. All of the caches are down loaded from the Geocache web site. Garmin web site has confirm that I have the latest plug=in software installed and Garmin also recognizes both GPS's........

I have a MAC pro lap top. The browser is Safari. In the past year I used both the lap top and Garmin GPS's 62st/Oregon 650t go through 1500 Geocaches w/o any problem s until today. All of the caches are down loaded from the Geocache web site. Garmin web site has confirm that I have the latest plug=in software installed and Garmin also recognizes both GPS's........

If you're using Pocket Queries, you don't use Garmin Communicator to send the files.

If you're using the "Send To GPS" function to send 1500 caches individually, use the "GPX File" button instead. It does the same thing Garmin Communicator does except you get more control over the files. And you don't have the extra work of keeping Communicator functioning. But use Pocket Queries instead. :anicute:

Place GPX files into the Garmin/GPX folder of the Oregon 650t.

The latest update of Safari also blocks NPAPI plug-ins like the Garmin Communicator.

Currently, Firefox is the only browser I know of which allows the Communicator (but only the signed plug-in from the Add-on Store).

What didn't work using the GPX file button? You just download a GPX file and save/copy it in the /Garmin/GPX/ folder on your Garmin.

The latest update of Safari also blocks NPAPI plug-ins like the Garmin Communicator.

Currently, Firefox is the only browser I know of which allows the Communicator (but only the signed plug-in from the Add-on Store).

What didn't work using the GPX file button? You just download a GPX file and save/copy it in the /Garmin/GPX/ folder on your Garmin.

Hi, I have finally managed to find a work around but what a b*ll ache! Going to try PQ's next to see if that is quicker. Thanks for your help.

I have a "routine" that has been flawless for me thus far. Initially it will seem like a lot of work, but in the long run it might pay off for you. As a base I use windows7 and Firefox, but Internet Explorer also works. With my solution you do not need to use any manufacturer specific transfer tool.

First download and install a copy "Geocaching Swiss Army Knife" (GSAK). They offer a slimmed down version for verifying that you want to use it for free.

Using geocaching.com I create a list of the sites I want to eventually download to my GPS. Then still on the geocaching.com site, I use a Pocket Query to create a ".zip" file (be sure to check the box that says to include the query name in the resulting file) that I download via email to my desktop.

The .zip file contains two . gpx files: a small waypoint file (approx 2KB) and a larger geocache file. I move the larger of the .gpx files to a separate folder.

The using GSAK I create a new database to accept the downloaded file. To prevent confusion I name this database the same as the download file. When you initially create the database the "data area" at the bottom of your screen will be blank.

I then go to Windows Explorer and open the folder with the 'gpx file. (Windows 7 and GSAK linked the files to GSAK.) Double click on the file you want to add to the database, and GSAK will start the process to import the file (you will have to click on a couple of OK boxes to complete the process.

With the data now in GSAK you can determine what data you want to download to your GPS by selecting the columns of data that are displayed. Then you select the model of you GPS for what seems like a pretty extensive list and simply transfer the data to your device.

NO ...... I do not work for GSAK in any way shape or form.

For me the best features on this software are is the ability to have multiple databases, and ability to quickly change the data on my GPS based on where I want to search today. Secondly I used up to three Garmin devices and can easily set each one of them up with a different or the same search area.

First download and install a copy "Geocaching Swiss Army Knife" (GSAK). They offer a slimmed down version for verifying that you want to use it for free.

The download trial is the full version, not a slimmed down one. If you like it and want to use it, you will pay for it because it has the most effective nag screen I have seen in trial software. It is well worth the price!

Using geocaching.com I create a list of the sites I want to eventually download to my GPS. Then still on the geocaching.com site, I use a Pocket Query to create a ".zip" file (be sure to check the box that says to include the query name in the resulting file) that I download via email to my desktop.

The .zip file contains two . gpx files: a small waypoint file (approx 2KB) and a larger geocache file. I move the larger of the .gpx files to a separate folder.

The using GSAK I create a new database to accept the downloaded file. To prevent confusion I name this database the same as the download file. When you initially create the database the "data area" at the bottom of your screen will be blank.

There is a much simpler way. If you want the new PQ to go into a separate database create it and open it. Then on the top line menu in GSAK select "Geocaching.com access." Then select "Download pocket queries..." The PQ will automatically load to GSAK.

There is a much simpler way. If you want the new PQ to go into a separate database create it and open it. Then on the top line menu in GSAK select "Geocaching.com access." Then select "Download pocket queries..." The PQ will automatically load to GSAK.

It's even more simple. You don't have to create pq's at all. Geocaching.com access --> Get caches will enable you to draw a circle or square on a map and all caches within that shape will be downloaded (max. 10,000/day).

The download trial is the full version, not a slimmed down one. If you like it and want to use it, you will pay for it because it has the most effective nag screen I have seen in trial software. It is well worth the price!

It is. It is also worth noting that it's a windows application, and won't work on a Mac (without a virtual machine application or emulator). I downloaded an installed the free version (and paid for it after a few days of nag screens) 9 years ago but didn't pay again for the 8.x version. Fortunately I have access to a PC where I can run it but primarily use a Mac.

GSAK is a good application, but there are many other waypoint managers that can be used to transfer waypoints to a GPS.

I too cannot "send GPS " file to my Garmin 60CSx using my Mac.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

Browser: Safari 10.0.1

I have the Garmin Communicator for Mac on my computer, however, when I try to send a GPS file to my Garnin a window opens aying it cannot fine Communicator

Additionally, when I plug my Garmin into my Mac the Garmin beeps showing a connection, but it is not recognized by my Mac as being connected. Is there a driver I need

------------

Ok downloaded FoxFire browser! Now I can get the Communitcatro to work, however. when I click Communicator to "find my device", it cannot find my Garmin. Do I need a special driver!

-------------------------

Ok after reading post after post and nearly going blind doing so, I found the FIX for my Mac:

1. Use the "Foxfire" browser

2. Download the Garmin Communicator from Mozilla from their Add-on store

Works for me :>)

Edited by Cherokee Bill

Windows doesn't accommodate Garmin's plugins very well, so I've given up trying to get it to work on Windows. When I first tried using it on the Mac on Safari it worked fine, then just stopped working about a month ago. Annoying. As noted above, the workaround is to download Mazilla Foxfire, get there version of the plugin and access the website through that. Clicking the "send to gps" link works fine (for now anyway)

edexter