Pleas rescue my TB (Ascot / Bracknell)

matchstickgeezer

All of your trackables (including the gecko) say "unknown location", meaning they're missing.

Odd, the cache was archived back in March, yet the "mark it as missing" log seems to be missing also. :)

Over six months, and now you ask about it?

The trackable's owner marked it missing in March, and then deleted that log entry.

I offer two suggestions:

1. Post some notes to nearby active caches, and ask if anyone would be willing to try to find this archived cache, GC3VKN5 at N 51° 24.980 W 000° 42.766

to rescue your trackable, TB6NGVN - which was in the cache at time of listing archive.

2. Or, try a nearby active cache owner, with the same request. Email or message directly and Very Politely ask they'd be kind enough to try to rescue your trackable - from GC3VKN5 at N 51° 24.980 W 000° 42.766

to rescue your trackable, TB6NGVN - which was in the cache at time of listing archive

I'd do one or the other, not both. I'd likely start with local active owner myself. Reaching specifically to an individual is often the best route.

NO TIME PRESSURE, please ;-)

I offer two suggestions:

1. Post some notes to nearby active caches, and ask if anyone would be willing to try to find this archived cache, GC3VKN5 at N 51° 24.980 W 000° 42.766

to rescue your trackable, TB6NGVN - which was in the cache at time of listing archive.

2. Or, try a nearby active cache owner, with the same request. Email or message directly and Very Politely ask they'd be kind enough to try to rescue your trackable - from GC3VKN5 at N 51° 24.980 W 000° 42.766

to rescue your trackable, TB6NGVN - which was in the cache at time of listing archive

I'd do one or the other, not both. I'd likely start with local active owner myself. Reaching specifically to an individual is often the best route.

NO TIME PRESSURE, please ;-)

I'm not aure that would so any good since the post above yours points out that the TB was removed prior to the archive event

Edited by Walts Hunting

I don't know where it says that the TB was removed from the cache before it got archived. We're talking about TB6NGVN, right? Unless the CO removed the cache, the TB should still be there. Maybe ask the CO first what they know about it.

The last holder placed the gecko trackable in the cache Mar 6 2016, and it was archived Mar 20th, with no other log in-between, so yeah, I agree.

I'd like to think the CO was responsible enough to pick them all up, but one in the series had a found log afterwards, on 04/05/2016.

So yeah, anything's possible...

Your trackable is not in the archived cache. From the logs its clear the trackable was already taken from the cache (without logging it) in 2013.

Sorry I'm wrong, I thought it was another trackable.

I would first contact the CO to ask whether he removed the cache or someone else did, since it is strange to archive it without removing it. Maybe he or the other person forgot to log the trackable when he removed the cache(s).

Hi all...

To clear this up....

The trackable should still be in the cache.

I spoke to the CO a while back, asking him to get it. Sadly he told me that he was losing his sight so could no longer play the game and was unable to collect up his caches.

I like the idea of leaving notes on the other nearby caches. Thank you I will try that.

Also, I am aware all of my trackable are missing. It's a pain in the backside which is why I am really hoping that somebody can rescue this one for me.

Most of the others seem to have got lost in Germany which is a real shame.

Hi all...

To clear this up....

The trackable should still be in the cache.

I spoke to the CO a while back, asking him to get it. Sadly he told me that he was losing his sight so could no longer play the game and was unable to collect up his caches.

Unfortunately, folks don't often search for archived caches (usually no reason to).

Though it'd be "above and beyond" for them to do so, it's possible a CO whose cache is close-by could look and see.

Probably would have been a good idea for the CO to have stated, "Could the next finder please pick up the container? I plan on archiving it soon. - Thanks!" before they archived it.

We've seen some do that. Got a few additional ammo cans that way (like I needed 'em).