Religious Buildings Multifarious

ripfaff, If I am understanding your question correctly:

Perhaps we need to clarify the description to clearly state that this category will accept CURRENT places of worship regardless of what it was previously.

That said; It MUST meet all the posting requirements. ie: non-denominational, and other denominations that CANNOT be waymarked in an existing category. If it is Baptist, as an example, and it is still a Baptist Church then it goes in the Baptist Church category.

Example: At the time of your visit, the place of worship is non-denominational, as an example, however the building was acquired from a former Baptist Church and conducted services as such (previously), it would be allowed in the Religious Building Multifarious category.

We are only concerned about what it is today, not what it was. If the place of worship can be waymarked in a FORMER category it does not disqualify it in RBM as long as it meets all the posting requirements.

As an added note: If there maybe some concern about the status of the submission, you can add a reviewer comment as a clarification or in the long description. If it is declined in another denominational church category, we request that you copy the decline message in the reviewer note.

Edited by BK-Hunters

Yes, that pretty much states the issue. It makes it easier because tracing the history of a building can be hard. I have found cornerstones or other marks that indicate it used to be something else. I so far have restricted my entries to those multifarious with a past that can not be traced to another category, Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, etc. This rule as you state it, does lead to double posting as a former Catholic church say and a current Multifarious. Since it must be current the reverse is not possible. I interpreted the no double booking rule too strictly. After doing a few of these this rule seems more reasonable. The intent is preserved of not allowing every church into the multifarious category.

The intent is preserved of not allowing every church into the multifarious category.

The RBM category will allow double posting, however the integrity of the category will be strictly adhered to as stated in the requirements.

As previously stated as an example: If it is Baptist, as an example, and it is still a Baptist Church then it goes in the Baptist Church category.

However, if that example of the Baptist Church is now a non-denominational place of worship, it can be posted as a FORMER Baptist Church without disqualifying it in the RBM category.

The key here, what is it today is the main intent, not what it was.

We have also found cornerstones on churches from previous denominations that are currently used as a non-denominational place of worship, as an example. ripraff, if you have a place of worship (with a cornerstone from a previous denomination) and it meets all the posting requirements, we will allow it in the RBM category. :D