My (Geocaching) Ney Year's Resolutions...

Seth!

Here are some things that I am resolving to do this year. It's just my geocaching list; I have others that are personal. (In case you thought that this IS my life.)

• Do much more Trash Out.
  • Write more in the log books.
  • Choose a signature item soon and start using it.
  • Post the next "Mission: Impossible" geocache ASAP.
  • Think twice, then once again, before posting a reply in the forums.

Feel free to post your own! Happy New Year to all. Let's have a great one!

- Seth!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

1. I'm going to place more caches.

2. I'm gonna make my caches higher quality.

3. I'm gonna be more patient with newbies, trolls, ***holes, grouches, and everybody else on the forums.

4. I'm going to find more time to geocache.

Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is... - -Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950

I think I will follow your last one too. Sometimes the fingers get typing faster than the ol brain

quote:
Originally posted by Seth!:

Here are some things that I am resolving to do this year. It's just my geocaching list; I have others that are personal. (In case you thought that this IS my life.)

+ Do much more Trash Out.+ Write more in the log books.+ Choose a signature item soon and start using it.+ Post the next "Mission: Impossible" geocache ASAP.+ Think twice, then once again, before posting a reply in the forums.

Feel free to post your own! Happy New Year to all. Let's have a great one!

- Seth!

http://www.geocachingwa.org

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

How can a person choose a better set of goals for themselves than the ones that you all have mentioned? Therefor I adopt them all!

The one I can add is more of a realization.

It also has to do with the forums.

I have come to understand that this is an imperfect form of communication and doesnt take into account tone, inflection or a knowledge of another persons use of analogy or sarcasm to illustrate a point.

I therefore resolve to work at being better understood.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!

WoW that's deep!

quote:
Originally posted by Ish-n-Isha:

I have come to understand that this is an imperfect form of communication and doesn't take into account tone, inflection or a knowledge of another persons use of analogy or sarcasm to illustrate a point.

I therefore resolve to work at being better understood.

I resolve to be nice to others. How am I doing so far?

Don't bother answering. I don't care what you think.

What honesty isn't Nice?evillaugh2.gif

geomark8.gif

If you do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

Red and I are going to adopt a lot of those same ideas, even the spelling one, for this year plus a couple of our own.

For right now anyway.

1) No matter how crappy the cache is, we will find at least one thing nice to say about it.

2) We will leave something in every cache if possible.

3) At least one new and interesting Physical cache a month.

4) Change our virtuals caches into Physical caches, no matter how hard we have to make them.

Those first two will be hard ones to do if what we have been seeing in caches lately is a trend.

TTFN, logscaler and Red

1) I'm gonna archive some of my older or more tired geocache's and then bring in a few new ones in much more scenic locations. I've allready started doing this.

2) Start remembering to bring my signiture trading items when I go geocaching. I alway's seem to forget them in the car.

3) Leave better clues when creating cache description pages.

4) Update my personal geocaching webpage. I've been neglecting it lately.

5th) And most important! I need to get off my lazy butt and replace a couple of log books which have been reported as full.