Repeated logs

thiayack

I was caching today and found seven caches. There should have only been seven logs. Well three were logged one time. One cache three times, one four, another nine and one 23 times. Does this mean the CO will receive 23 alerts? and is there a way to bulk delete the logs? Does anyone know what causes this to happen? Duplicate logging has happened to me before but never 23 times for one cache. Is there something I can do to make sure this never happens again?

I was caching today and found seven caches. There should have only been seven logs. Well three were logged one time. One cache three times, one four, another nine and one 23 times. Does this mean the CO will receive 23 alerts? and is there a way to bulk delete the logs? Does anyone know what causes this to happen? Duplicate logging has happened to me before but never 23 times for one cache. Is there something I can do to make sure this never happens again?

Which app are you using? :unsure:

Which app are you using? :unsure:

I go between the original geocaching app I purchased and the newly updated version. There is no way for me to know which app I was in when the logs were submitted.

The cache owner will receive a notification for each log. Your first step should be to delete the repeats and explain/apologize to the cache owners involved.

Are you using some sort of app to log your finds? Were you impatient with a submit button somewhere?

I am using the same app I purchased two years ago and the newest updated free version. There is no holding down on any button. I hit post once on my iPhone and then it closes. yes I have apologized to the CO's.

We had some of our caches found by the same user today. One was logged 3 times and another 6 times. Yet the same cacher logged others that were once only before the duplicate logs occured. They were logged via a phone app. Hmmmm.

Yes, there are duplicate logs from yesterday's cachers who found my Hides. One 19 times etc.. A very unfortunate part in this it affects the total amount of finds in your statistics. It raised my total finds an additional 50. As far as I can tell I now have corrected my issue and have an accurate count.

We had some of our caches found by the same user today. One was logged 3 times and another 6 times. Yet the same cacher logged others that were once only before the duplicate logs occured. They were logged via a phone app. Hmmmm.

This is what happened with me. the first three went through fine next four exploded eating my data. I actually received a message stating I had almost used up my data plan which limited my caching for the day :(

This is what happened with me. the first three went through fine next four exploded eating my data. I actually received a message stating I had almost used up my data plan which limited my caching for the day :(

You could go old-school and just log when you get home :)

I noticed that a few of my caches that I found on the same day logged multiple times. I deleted the extra logs from the caches except for one. I then noticed that I lost 14 finds in my total. I did not gain extra finds from the multiple logs. Why did this happen and can I get my number of finds back to what it was?

I did not gain extra finds from the multiple logs.

Yes, you did. The find total shown on the website is a count of all of your find logs, regardless of whether they were duplicates or not. That is, if you log two finds on one cache, your count will increase by two. Your count was artificially too high after the multiple logs were created, and then it corrected back to what it should have been when you deleted the extra logs.