Eeewww!

jpjeffery

I found two caches today (a beautiful, and warm, sunny late lunchtime by the River Thames).

The second one was the trickier find, but there were two significant issues. Firstly, the log was full (it happens, I know, and I'll buy some to help out in such situations).

Secondly, as per the title, it was in a place that seems to be popular with men (I assume) who need to pee. As a result, the cache itself was...aromatic! Nasty.

:blink::o:(

I found two caches today (a beautiful, and warm, sunny late lunchtime by the River Thames).

The second one was the trickier find, but there were two significant issues. Firstly, the log was full (it happens, I know, and I'll buy some to help out in such situations).

Secondly, as per the title, it was in a place that seems to be popular with men (I assume) who need to pee. As a result, the cache itself was...aromatic! Nasty.

:blink::o:(

Maybe it was a dog or raccoon (before we berate half the population)?

;)

Did you post NM -- or NA? And did you sign the log before you claimed a smiley??

Edited by wmpastor
Did you post NM -- or NA?

What's that?

"Needs Maintenance" perhaps, but "Needs Archived" is extreme and not applicable to the situation.

Help Center

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php

Finding a Geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=25

4.2. What log type should I use?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=534

3.7. I found a geocache that needs maintenance

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=551

3.8. I found a geocache that needs to be archived

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=434

B.

it was in a place that seems to be popular with men (I assume) who need to pee. As a result, the cache itself was...aromatic! Nasty.

Let me guess, the cache was in a knot hole about three feet up on the side of a tree near a walking path? :laughing:

Not quite. Very near the River Thames, lots of pubs around there, and in a quiet(-ish) corner.

What's that?

"Needs Maintenance"...

Ah, I have two to mark as NM for full logs. Can't see how to do that though.

Start off as if posting a find. But then you'll see a drop down menu with options like "post note," "needs maintenance," etc. Click accordingly.

it was in a place that seems to be popular with men (I assume) who need to pee. As a result, the cache itself was...aromatic! Nasty.

Let me guess, the cache was in a knot hole about three feet up on the side of a tree near a walking path? :laughing:

Not quite. Very near the River Thames, lots of pubs around there, and in a quiet(-ish) corner.

Ah, so the Brits are to blame! Yanks are so much more mannerly! :laughing:

What's that?

"Needs Maintenance"...

Start off as if posting a find. But then you'll see a drop down menu with options like "post note," "needs maintenance," etc. Click accordingly.

Only via the website though. No option to log NM or NA on the app. So you'd need to log in on a computer browser to add a NM log.

What's that?

"Needs Maintenance"...

Only via the website though. No option to log NM or NA on the app. So you'd need to log in on a computer browser to add a NM log.

Some of the other apps have those options. :)

It's o.k. Geocachers find AMPLE evidence that both halves of the population do their business behind trees and bushes. :o

I've never smelled animal urine in the wild but walking down an innercity alley tells you what concentrated human peeing smells like.

I have to confess to an occasion a couple of years ago when I was caching in the country alone. Walking through the woods, I felt the call of nature, so as there was no-one about I went behind a tree to do what comes naturally. A couple of hundred yards down the path I checked my GPS, and realised I'd passed the next cache, by a couple of hundred yards...

Fortunately the stickoflage hiding the cache wasn't directly in the line of fire...

Edited by Optimist on the run

It's o.k. Geocachers find AMPLE evidence that both halves of the population do their business behind trees and bushes. :o

I've never smelled animal urine in the wild but walking down an innercity alley tells you what concentrated human peeing smells like.

Cat smell is terrible. Guess what's much worse? Mice pee! I came across it in a box once where they had built a nest. They fouled their own home. Maybe it was the baby mice, but it was horrible. And there they lived, with the ultra-intense sickeningly-foul odor in a small, enclosed space.

Cat smell is terrible. Guess what's much worse? Mice pee! I came across it in a box once where they had built a nest. They fouled their own home. Maybe it was the baby mice, but it was horrible. And there they lived, with the ultra-intense sickeningly-foul odor in a small, enclosed space.

Apparently mice have no bladders, so they constantly urinate.

Apparently mice have no bladders, so they constantly urinate.

An urban myth. Mice do have bladders as do all mammals. Constant marking of territory may give that impression.