GPSMAP64

ndsussex

When geocaching I like to set a proximity alarm for each cache.

Is there any way to globally set the alarms for all of the caches or does each one have to be set individually?

I'm curious - what distance do you set for the proximity? My 64s beeps automatically when I get within 30 feet when walking (or is it 50?), and a longer distance when moving faster like in a car. I have on occasion set a proximity alert when working a puzzle that only had a distance but not bearing, but as the previous poster mentioned you can only set a proximity alert on a waypoint, not a geocache.

You can multi-select multiple waypoints in BaseCamp and set them to alert all in one step, but there's no way in BaseCamp to bulk create a bunch of waypoints from Geocaches. So no matter how you do it, you end up with a lot of manual creation tasks.

Thanks guys for a very clear reply. I Guess I will have to continue setting them individually.

To answer Johns question, I set my geocaches to a 200 feet proximity alarm as a lot of geocaches are well off the trail, these can be easily missed when chatting on a walk and it saves having to keep looking at the Garmin .