ATTENTION GEOCACHERS DR. ISOTOPE ALERT

Sassquatch

I received a strange item in the mail today. A little package from the EVIL DR. I. It would appear that I am to collect information from 5 other keyholders and use this info along with mine to retrieve a locked box. Unfortunately for all of us is the fact that I suck at solving riddles and codes. I have been told I have the final clue to the location of this locked box. Once the box of EVIL is obtained we can get together, DR.I suggests a Tuesday.

I don't think this involves a tour of Wonka's

I'll rush home to check our mail, but I seriously doubt the Evil GENIUS saw fit to send us anything icon_frown.gif We're not elite enough yet to deserve to be chosen for such a task. We do look forward to our involvement in aftermath...

And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination.

One more to the north.

One more right here in Portland.

One more to the south.

Now that I think about it, that was a haiku!

The keys will lead you to the correct door. Upon opening the door, my true mission will be learned.

Voss has told you about his past. Now, you will learn about my past, and the history between Voss and I. It is then that you must ask youself, "who can you trust?"

Also, for those that can put two and two together, you will discover when the Broken Arrow will take place.

Who can you trust?

-Dr. I

except Verizon, my mortgage company, and PGE... they REALLY love me. As for Dr I... no love... then again I don't think that's a bad thing. Keep us informed as to what, when, where, etc.

HEY! Tomorrow's Tuesday night! Are we coordinated enough to pull things together by then?

Good question TJ. I was wondering how he got mine since in my profession it's not really common knowledge. Although my car registrations do have my home address on them. Has the "Good Doctor" been spying at caches or get togethers? I wonder.

I know he hasn't followed me home because living in the boonsticks, it's easy to pick up a tail.

(No Oregone, I said pick up "a tail" as in someone following you.) icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Also Slinger, Sassquatch and Oregone, I will try to pick up the required equipment to decypher our notes tomorrow. I will let you know how successful I am. If I get one and you need to use it let me know and we can get together.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Ok, after reading this forum, I decided to check the mailbox. I sensed a hint of evil. I open my mailbox and there it was, The sinister AOL version 8.0 with spiffy new graphics. icon_biggrin.gif

Plus, it looks like the evil Dr. followed me home somehow. I dont even give out my address to my family, much less psychotics! How!?!

The package is similar to the others posted. Now, it looks like we better get together to solve this one. Beers anyone?

Sasquatch

Trafcon

Oregone

Slinger

Soup...

who's the sixth? Tungsten, were you saying that you had something? What about Fractal? Did he get anything? We've almost got "who" taken care of. I'm guessing "what" will come once we all agree upon the "where" and "when".

all i know is that the swirly icon equals seven.

There are six keys out there, one of which i have in my possession. It's a master-lock key with a red square handle: kinda looks like the key they give you at the airport when you store your stuff in a locker.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by Trafcon:

Oregone,

Are you open either at lunch time or about 2:30pm tomorrow??

What am I, an INconvenience store? yes to both times.

By the way, does Dr. Isotope like kittens? Because that kinda means a lot to lauren and hence it means a lot regarding whose side i'm on.

Here is what the good Dr.I said in his letter to me....... Greetings Sassquatch, YOU will be the one to obtain the locked box. Work with the other key holders by sharing info in the forums. Let them post the info from their key-tags first. Your key tag will the have the final piece of info. Your key-tag will tell you the coords of the locked box. Once you obtain the box, the ball is in your court. I suggest you create an event cache where all the key-holders, as well as others, can attend. Maybe something on a Tuesday night.

If you other key-holders can figure out your tags such as what does P equal, or Q or whatever letters you were told to solve then post your findings I can figure mine out and collect the box-O-evil. I have put the potatos in the garage.....it felt as though they were watching me.

5{nally posted by Team JOYSON:

Sasquatch

Trafcon

Oregone

Slinger

Soup...

Before Slinger logged in, Dr. I said "one more to the north (that'd be Slinger) one more in PDX (Soup) and one to the South. (And that's is I have my locations straight.) If K-Falls cachers have gotten on Dr. I's good side, we're in big trouble! (Haven't met any of ya' all yet, but I just have this feeling...)

Oregone's comment about the key looking like an airport locker key takes me aback. Careful guys, tread lightly into dangerous territory.

--Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

quote:
Originally posted by dasein:

5{nally posted by Team JOYSON:

Before Slinger logged in, Dr. I said "one more to the north (that'd be Slinger) one more in PDX (Soup) and one to the South. (And that's is I have my locations straight.)

Not quite, that would be soup to the South, and Bodoni in PDX. Sorry to post so late, but I have the sixth piece. I'll upload pix of both sides of the tag. My card says -- and I quote --

Greetings Bodoni,

You, and five others, have each received a key. All six keys will be needed to open a lock. To find the lock, you must compile the information found on all six key-tags. It is only then that the door will finally be opened, and you will be granted access. But, it is necessary that you bring one more item to see everything in just the right light. Here's your hint:

The visible spectrum does not matter.

Infra-red is much too low.

It's the other end of this ladder.

That gives the words their glow.

Please share your information on the forums so that I can monitor your progress. I suggest an event cache for the unlocking ceremony.

Thinking of you always,

Dr. Isotope

And the card has this link Broken-Arrow

I'd like to see the other keymasters post pix of both sides of their key tags so that others can help solve the puzzle. I can't make a meeting tonight, but I'm game any other time. If some of you meet this afternoon and need my key I'll have it with me at work (downtown PDX). But an event cache for the actual unlocking sounds like fun!

And about that light spectrum thing. I don't suppose we need an x-ray generator, or a nuke to generate some gamma rays, so I'll have to go with ultraviolet. Does anyone have a black light lamp we can borrow?

Here are the pix

[This message was edited by Bodoni on March 11, 2003 at 07:02 AM.]

Ok, here's stating the obvious......It looks as though you each have the clues to each others tags. Mine has no symbols. I just have the letters in a 1 inch by 2 inch block at the bottom of one side of my tag. Once we have the numerical value of these letters I think we're in business. I have 17 letters in that block and it takes 17 letters to write coords ie; N45.22.123 W122.99.123. I am digitaly challenged but then again my letters can't help any of you. I think everyone needs to post or relay the info on their cards to each other to figure each others out. Good luck

I'm not a code breaker by trade but I did get a good nights sleep.

My message text is exactly the same as Bondoni posted above except the "Good Doctor" signed mine "With all my love" He must be into older gray-haired guys. icon_biggrin.gif

I am going to a meeting right now but will scan and post my key tag info as soon as possible.

Need some help though, can someone e-mail me with the procedure to upload a picture on the forums so I won't have to borrow a cache site? Or do I have to use a cache site and link here?

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Here is my key kode. Shall we designate a meeting time? Do we have all the pieces. I live in Salem, so it will be difficult for me to snag this item, unless it is in Salem of course.

1084_200.JPG

Oh and Joyson:

"Burninate the country side, Burninate all the peasants, for the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!"

What do you call 2,000 pounds of Chinese Soup? Won Ton.

From what I see of the tags this is what we have so far:

Q=2

P=4

M=5

I=3

A=2

B=2

That's if I'm looking at the same swirly shape that oregone is talking about. Still need to see the other side of oregones and all of slingers.

-Are people more violently opposed to fur rather than leather

because it's much easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?-

OK...

To go along with QM's numbers I have:

C = 0 (I believe)

H = 7

J = 4

F = 3

K = 2

N = 8

O = 7

Have to bug out and get kiddo. Will see hwat is left when I get back to puter...

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

A=2

B=2

C=0

D=5

E=1

F=3

G=-1? 1-2=-1

H=7

I=7

J=4

K=2

L=? X-1...NOT SURE WHAT X IS

M=5

N=8

O=8

P=1

Q=5

I could be completely hosed up on this. A couple of the symbols are kinda confusing. Like the 6 and 9. I think it goes symbol=number. Anyways, that is the best I can do for the time being.

-Are people more violently opposed to fur rather than leather

because it's much easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?-

with the exception of the x & possible negative number, I've got the same results. Sassquatch, does any of this fit in to what you have on your end? We have everyone's info except yours.

Another Possible issue may be coming from the fact that it's actually a lower case "p" in the equation for G, Just like it's a lower case "x" in the line for L. I don't think we're supposed to use the answer for P in G... make sense?

Well I got the same. Oh and... L= "W" (west = "x"-1) and G="N" (north = "p"-2)

Now it is up to Sassquatch to make since of it all for us, and set an event for the opening. Please not tonight, I have a scout meeting and not enough notice to reschedule...

**Namaste**

quote:
Now it is up to Sassquatch to make since of it all for us, and set an event for the opening. Please not tonight, I have a scout meeting and not enough notice to reschedule...

At least you have your priorities straight... meaning that you would have rescheduled if you had enough notice.

Oh, and good catch with the N & W... I'm feeling stoopid right now for missing that one.

If I had more than a couple hours it would be moved in a flash. But the girls are planning campout tonight so they would be none to happy with the old guy... icon_eek.gif

But after all...saving the geocaching world from the likes of Dr. I and Voss (not really sure which is the evil one yet...) should be top priority for any upstanding cacher. And well...for the ones like me also I guess... icon_razz.gif

**Namaste**

The code on my tag read as follows...GJD BNCFM....

LPAKQEIHO. I had to wait till the math was done before I could apply it to my tag. So here's what happened. I jumped in the sassquatch mobile and proceeded to enter the coord's on the fly. I got it all punched in and waited for signal lock. It pointed me right back the way I had come, from my house. I had left my wife and children there alone, unprotected from the evil DR. Isotope. Got back to the driveway ready to call 911 if the need arose. Yet the coord's pointed me behind the sassquatch dwelling. So with a sigh of relief I headed out to the no-mans land that is behind the house, images of Red Dragon playing in my head.

I kept the flashlight off as long as possible, but needed it to traverse the final 40 ft. Thats when it happened. As I discovered the object of my hunt I heard the loud SNAP!! of a twig breaking underfoot. I whipped the flashlight in the direction of the sound and saw through the trees a flash of white smock and a bit of a hardhat fleeing from the scene. I snatched my prize and took off after the mysterious image. I was taking my usual 6 to 8 ft. strides but my target proved to be too elusive. By the time I got to the edge of the forest all I saw was the tailights of a industial style van peeling rubber away from the scene of the crime. Only this is not a crime I feel I can report to the authorities. The van reminded me of the one that Doc drove in Back to the future. Thats my story, and every bit of it is true. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But the good news is, I have the box. It is wrapped in a caution radioactive bag and tape. I can see that it has 6 locks on it but I dare not remove the protective wrapping for fear of contamination. Now I guess it's up to the key-holders to figure on a time to meet with all and any interested parties. Let the bidding war ensue.

quote:
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sassquatch:

Now I guess it's up to the key-holders to figure on a time to meet with all and any interested parties. Let the bidding war ensue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, March 23rd. Sassy's at 8pm.

Gosh, Oregone. What's the hurry? - that's only 12 days from now! I don't even have a key and I want this thing opened before I head off for Spring Break!

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Gosh, Oregone. What's the hurry? - that's only 12 days from now! I don't even have a key and I want this thing opened before I head off for Spring Break!

Well, it probably has to be a weekend so soup can make in from salem and slinger from raymond. And this weekend is the get-together down in K-Falls (weather permitting).

Getting all six keymasters in town at once should prove a logistical nightmare, unless we get six 1980s-era sigourney weavers as gatekeepers, that is.

The sooner the better I would say... And for sure before 3/28 if possible, have plans that will lead wannatagalong and I out of town that weekend. But as oregone says, it is the keyholders that are important, so whenever that can be pulled off is key icon_biggrin.gif

**Namaste**

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

By the way, does Dr. Isotope like kittens? Because that kinda means a lot to lauren and hence it means a lot regarding whose side i'm on.

Of course I like kittens. Especially Atomic Kittens!

And, with the power of radiation, I can make special kittens.

Close call tonight. I expected the letters for Slinger91 and Soup to arrive a day later than the others, but it looks like the postal service is more efficient than I thought. This put me a little behind schedule, in turn, giving Sassquatch the first glimpse of me. But not to worry... My job was done. The box is in the right hands. The door is almost open.

Solving this little puzzle in a short time impressed me. You Geocachers seem to work well together. This skill will come in useful at the big event...that is if you wish to stop me. My long term plan could make good use of people like you. After you read about my real plan, you might see things the way I do and wish to join up. It's true that Voss wishes to stop me, but do you really know why? Not yet...but you will.

Who can you trust?

-Dr. I

I averaged the home coordinates of all the keyholders and came up with the following coords:

N45 37.380

W122 57.780

I think the nearest place to meet to there is the Helvetia Tavern up in Trafcon's neighborhood, or the Rogue restaurant in downtown North Plains.

Friday at 8pm?