Cache Owner ALR Reviewed Flag

bflentje

I think this feature would benefit owners of earthcaches, virtuals, even webcams and challenge (mystery) caches. The feature I want is this..

- A checkbox next to each log (probably just Found It logs).

- The checkbox is bound to the log and the cache.

- Only the owner of the cache can see and use the checkbox.

- The checkbox would have no specific meaning and can be used however the CO chooses.

- But the intent is for it to be used so CO's know when they've reviewed ALR's on caches where ALR's are required; earthcaches, virtuals, webcams, and even challenges.

- The goal is to help the CO properly maintain ALR's, so no more guessing is involved.. Did John Q. Cacher submit earthcache qualifiers??

- Cache finders wouldn't see the checkbox.

- Groundspeak doesn't have to maintain anything.

- The database cost would be limited to ONE bit, on or off, for each Found It log in the geocaching.com database.

I would suggest not to minimize the process but expand it as successful implementation likely does not hinge on minimising GS involvement and a space in the db.

Have a status box with "Submitted", "Approved", "Returned" (Need clarification/info) associated with the log entry.

Rather than emailing the cache owner, submit the answers through a separate restricted/hidden log file (much like a hybrid travel bug/reviewer log) accessible by the CO.