Another message center problem

PnavE_81

I clicked on send message on a users profile page. The messagecenter opened. It listed my recent conversations and a button at the top "start New conversation". If I click on that button I could fill in a name, but I would have expected the name of the person whos profilepage brought me there already filled in, but It wasn't

Happens on a mobile Android device (Android 6.0.1)

I clicked on send message on a users profile page. The messagecenter opened. It listed my recent conversations and a button at the top "start New conversation". If I click on that button I could fill in a name, but I would have expected the name of the person whos profilepage brought me there already filled in, but It wasn't

Happens on a mobile Android device (Android 6.0.1)

This happens to me over 90% of the time. I have to hit refresh several times before "it clicks". But my experience is on the website, using Chrome, from my PC.

Edited by bflentje

I am having the same issues on PC using Edge, Explorer and Chrome. When I click on message on a owner profile it goes to the message page, then nothing happens. The username does not autofill and when you try and manually input, it won't stay and there is no way to enter text into the body of the message. I have also tried the email function and it is not sending the email to the recipient or a copy to the sender. This has been going on all day yesterday and today.

I had the exact same problem today. I tried 9 times to send a message to the owner with the same result as Broadview cachers. I am on Chrome also. I then tried the email route with the same problems.  I needed to explain an action I took to the owner and finally gave up and wrote a note.

They did some upgrades to messaging some weeks ago and since then it has been a mess. It was working great before.

My problem is the same as above when you "message this owner" and the name doesn't appear. I entered their name manually and then typed a long message and then mouse clicked elsewhere in the message box and then the whole message disappeared....not good!

6 hours ago, Flasharry said:

typed a long message and then mouse clicked elsewhere in the message box and then the whole message disappeared....not good!

A couple of days ago, while I was typing a message, the entire right panel suddenly lost everything and was blank.  And the names ("Conversations") were still showing in the list on the left, but clicking them caused nothing to happen.  I closed and opened Firefox, and it was back to normal.

I will compose messages in a word processor and paste them.  It's unacceptable for the system to lose my text while I'm typing it.

Same problem with trying to send a message from the cache page using "message this owner".  Tried sending from the COs profile page and that worked, but very frustrating.  I don't know if the problem is intermittent, but I tried from the cache page multiple times.  Whatever happened to "if it isn't broke, don't fix it"?

6 hours ago, Skyhawker said:

Same problem with trying to send a message from the cache page using "message this owner".  Tried sending from the COs profile page and that worked, but very frustrating.  I don't know if the problem is intermittent, but I tried from the cache page multiple times.  Whatever happened to "if it isn't broke, don't fix it"?

If you are trying to "message this owner" from a cache page please try removing the "gcCode" parameter from the URL. This should allow you to still message the owner, but the "regarding GCXXX" will not be pre-populated. We are looking into fixing this issue to avoid the need for a workaround.

We are aware of several issues that remain in the updated version of the message center and are working to fix them. In this case the existing message center was "broke" so we are fixing it and despite a few issues the message center is more stable then it was before.

50 minutes ago, JoenGPS said:

I answered received messages and I get an email I got that "answered" message from myself... no idea if it reached the intended cacher. It is a mess, very inconsistant.

In the message center, when you have selected to forward messages to yourself you will receive a copy of your message in email. Currently that email is reusing the existing notification template that is used when another player sends you a message. We will be updating the templates to be separate to reduce the confusion in this situation.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:38 PM, HiddenGnome said:

In the message center, when you have selected to forward messages to yourself you will receive a copy of your message in email. Currently that email is reusing the existing notification template that is used when another player sends you a message. We will be updating the templates to be separate to reduce the confusion in this situation.

Great.... that just started awhile ago. Thought I was loosing it!:rolleyes: Thanks for the "getback"