Adios, Auf Weiderzehn, Sayonara, Farvel, Good Bye

Trafcon

Hey folks I had a great time last night at the get together. It was great to meet the new faces and revisit the old familiar ones. Last night was my "Swan Song" from geocaching.

I am going to take a sabbatical for awhile from geocaching. I don't know how long it will be but you may see my name now and again.

I want to say that the friends I have made in this sport are really endearing. I have mixed with and met people from all walks of life and really had a great time. I have many, many memories from the last 13 months and all of them are good ones. From the frustration of the PDXGuy caches to the challenge of the Fractal puzzles, it's been great.

I wish the best to all of you and hope you go through life with a song in your heart. Remember to live each day to it's fullest because every day you wake up is a blessing.

Take the time while you are out there caching to enjoy the wonders (after you've found the cache of course). When you are walking back to your car or whatever, walk slowly and take in the beauty. Stop and sit and look closely around you and take in the intricacy of a leaf pattern marvel at the pattern of a spider web covered with dew or watch the small insects busy themselves (except mosquitos). icon_wink.gif

Remember that a smile is contagious. Greet strangers with a smile and a nod. When you are talking to someone, take the time to really listen and share their passion or enthusiasim for what they are saying. Maintain eye contact so they realize you are really interested in them and what they have to say. When speaking to a child, kneel down and speak to them on their level, watch their eyes flash as they tell you about their latest life discovery.

Try to cheer up those in need and give small compliments from time to time even to those not in your close circle of friends. I even compliment strangers from time to time.

Hold a door for someone / let the other car in in traffic / call a friend or relative you haven't spoken to in awhile if nothing more than to tell them that you were thinking of them / tell your loved ones that you love them and why you love them. Tell them often and don't take it for granted that they still know.

In the quiet of the night, look in on your children, or loved ones, or pets and watch them as they sleep. In the silence, listen to the sounds of their peaceful breathing and reflect on how wonderful it is for them to share their life and love with you.

When you feel the weight of the world or some stress bearing down on you, imagine yourself floating away from your body and going further and further away until all you can see is the beautiful earthly orb spinning in space and as you descend, reflect of the blessings that you do have. Remember the quote from Pollyanna's aunt, "If you look for the bad in someone, you will surely find it."

Thanks for enduring my ramblings from time to time (and now).

Remember KTF !!! GBWY !!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Jerry J.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Trafcon, my friend...

I, as well as everyone else, will truely miss you in your absence.

It was a real pleaseure talking, emailing, and chatting with you over the past year. I have nothing but the highest respect for you, and the job you do. I wish you the best of times in your family life, and the best of luck with your career.

Let us know when you'll be back in the game. We'll have to meet up at Helvetia icon_wink.gif

Take care,

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45 30.ish

W 122 58.ish

Sorry for the late reply to this, but I've sort of been absent from the game myself for awhile. As casual as I do this, though, nobody can tell when I lay off geocaching anyway icon_smile.gif

I hope life keeps you happy and we'll look forward to your occasional log or post.

Take care, kind sir!

-