Map zooming is way too sensitive

barefootguru

When using the main map to look at caches, you just have to look at the mouse for the map to start randomly zooming in, it's incredibly annoying.

I've asked 2 other computer-literate people, same issue.

If I very carefully and deliberately try to use the hand tool to move the map around, it still happens.

Safari 9.1.3 on OS X.

What's the normal mechanism you use for zooming that map on a Mac?

(On my non-Apple hardware, I roll the mouse wheel for that function. Do Apple mice still have just a single button?)

This is what I used for my Macbook. It's called a Magic Mouse and the entire surface is touch sensitive. I can scroll just by moving my finger forward and back (without moving the mouse). . Clicking on the upper right corner or left corner works like a right/left click.

33783857-2-1333-OVR-1.jpg

Are you using the magic mouse? I've found it to be sensitive to scrolling, especially on maps. Not just the geocaching map, but google maps, open street map, etc.

Tested Open Street Map, and you're right, it's overly sensitive there too. I have the original Magic Mouse, don't know if that makes a difference.