Geocaching Gathering East of the Cascades

Sluggo

I just sent out this e-mail to all the cachers that I can contact east of the cascades. Of course we would love to have anyone join us.

Hello everyone,

Those of you who know me (and that isn’t many) know that I have a motto that I always live by: “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing”. Well I fear that is what I have been doing with the East Cascade Geocaching Society. I wanted something informal, simple and relaxing, so that I didn’t have to put in a lot of work on it. Well… I did right the opposite. I tried to find the perfect meeting place, in the perfect city, at the perfect time to meet everyone’s needs. Man! That’s a lot of work. So, (at Sugar’s insistence) I have come to the understanding that “it’s time to get the show on the road”. So let’s get rolling.

Beginning November 07, 2002 and on the first Thursday of every month thereafter, we will hold Geocaching Therapy Sessions at Sterling’s Restaurant in Richland, Washington (N 46deg 16.724min; W 119deg 16.403min) from around 6:00 pm until around 9:00 pm.

Bring yourself, your spouse, your non-geocaching friends, your kids, but not your dog (unless it is a guide/assistance dog).

Sugar and I will probably eat while we are there, but it is not a dinner gathering. I talked with the manager and he is cool with people just getting coffee, pie, snacks, etc. He is NOT reserving a table for us, so we will just fill in as we arrive. They have a section that is rather isolated and ideal for a group to just sit and talk. Once again, nothing formal, nothing planned, just a chance to meet each other and chat.

I want to put in a special note for the under 18 crowd (especially my friends from Oasis School), this is for YOU TOO! So, be sure you try to attend (with or without your parents)when you can.

I am going to put a post on the geocaching.com forum so maybe we can draw a few travelers in while we are at it. If you know of a local geocacher that isn’t included in this e-mail, feel free to forward it to them and ask them to drop me a line so I can include them in future mailings.

Sugar and I are looking forward to meeting all of you,

Sluggo and Sugar

9617_300.jpg

I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. In other words we are being watched by beings from outer space. -Albert M. Chop, NASA

That TriCityGuy...

He always tries to out-do me. He's first to the area caches, he takes up space in my newspaper article, he hides caches where I can't find them, he supplies gifts to raffle of at the "Honest to God, First Ever, East Cascades Geocaching Society Therapy Session". I will not be out done! If TriCityGuy is going to raffle away a Lapel Pin and/or a patch... Then I'll add a geocaching.com Mouse pad to the door prizes.

Take that TriCityGuy!

I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. In other words we are being watched by beings from outer space. -Albert M. Chop, NASA

Logscaler,

Oh no! I see this is getting out of hand…. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you would like to contribute to the door-prize basket (or whatever), of course you are welcomed to do so. However, I want everybody to know it isn’t expected.

It’s just that when I give a party, Sugar usually has to go out and hire people to attend. TriCityGuy found out about that and felt so sorry for me that he decided to make a donation so people will come to our little gatherings.

Well, I REFUSE to be outdone by TriCityGuy. (I mean, after all, who has a screen name with 3 capital letters and no spaces…REALLY! So I kicked in the mouse pad.

I hope these monthly gatherings will be an opportunity for all of us to get together. The bulk of organized geocaching functions are centered around the largest population of geocachers which is on the West-side. If we can get a critical mass of folks, maybe we can enjoy a little community. I was in Kahlotus one Saturday morning and went into a (the only) café. There were a bunch of men and women sitting around one big round table drinking coffee and I thought “why can’t geocachers do that?”, so that’s the origin of this thing.

Logscaler said:

quote:
Boy, this will be a first, "Come to our party and bring a prize to give AWAY".

Not really, isn’t that what you have been doing with all those little boxes that you’ve been hiding all over Oregon and Washington?

We will all look forward to you and Red making it, if not this time, maybe next.

BTW: After watching you “on-the-hunt”, I now know why “Bigfoot” sightings have been on the rise. icon_wink.gif

[best Goofy Voice]Goursh … citrix_99301…thanks,

I had a great time, meeting you, TriCityGuy, yragnosluap, both elements of pjnrg and of course I already knew Sugar, and Megamom (the j in J&M). It was neat to put faces on the screen-names. I think these gatherings will be fun through the winter and we will see a great project come out of them in the spring.

icon_biggrin.gif

Since my masochistic baby left me, I got nothing to whip but the cream.

All,

It’s time for the monthly gathering of the East Cascades Geocaching Society. We hold these therapy sessions on the First Thursday of every month. That would be 12/05/02 this month.

The gathering is held at Sterling’s Restaurant in Richland (N 46 deg 16.724 min; W 119 deg 16.403 min) from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm. Last month (our first meeting) we had people drifting in from about 5:45 until 6:45, so we all left around 8:00. We can stay until 9:00 if we want to.

Bring yourself, your spouse, your non-geocaching neighbors or anyone else you would like. Sugar and I will eat diner while we are there, but you are welcome to just sit and talk. Most likely we will discuss the "Yakima Delta Cache-In Trash-Out Event" we are planning for Earth Day this spring, geocaching, politics, why TriCityGuy is so funny looking, why Sluggo is so handsome, and why Sugar is so sweet. There also might be group cache hunt planned for Saturday but I'll let TriCityGuy tell you about that.

If you plan to come, drop me an e-mail telling me so. If you say you are coming and then can’t come, that’s OK; it just helps if I can tell the manager how many we are expecting. The opposite is true also. If you don’t let me know you are coming, then decide to come, then come on anyway.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Sluggo

I would really rather NOT believe!