Another BOLO

KC3DX

I recently placed TB7F0JD Baby Polar Bear See link in my cache and when I went to place another coin in my cache it was gone. There is an entry on the physical log book that I had to replace, but thus far nothing has hit the log on Geocaching.com. I added some words to my cache begging that if a trackable is taken it must be logged. I thought this was common knowledge, but this is strike two. I hope I don't get a strike three or I'll either move the cache or disable it. I prefer not to do that. Anyway, the more eyes I have out for this and another lost trackable the better. Thanks in advance.

Edited by KC3DX

Some kid saw that plush toy, and just had to have it, I bet.

Mom/Dad signing the log, probably didn't even notice it's a trackable ("Nice fun find for the kids").

Surprised the tag wasn't sitting in the bottom of the cache.

Seems to happen often when the trackable's a toy.

Not missing a month yet, it might turn up...

There are not many geocacher checking out cache listings AFTER they have found a geocache, so it is unlikely that you note has reached any of those logging your geocache.

If your geocache hasn't had many visitors since you dropped the TB in it, you might want to consider writing some personal messages through each geocachers profile, inquiring after your TB.

Good luck.

Some kid saw that plush toy, and just had to have it, I bet.

Mom/Dad signing the log, probably didn't even notice it's a trackable ("Nice fun find for the kids").

Surprised the tag wasn't sitting in the bottom of the cache.

Seems to happen often when the trackable's a toy.

Not missing a month yet, it might turn up...

That's possible. I'm going back to my cache today with my reading glasses s I can copy down the name on the log book and see if I can tack down that person. They got two trackables with one swipe, but the second was intended as a gift to who ever found it so no foul there. I should have written down that tracking number as well, big mistake on my part that won't happen again

There are not many geocacher checking out cache listings AFTER they have found a geocache, so it is unlikely that you note has reached any of those logging your geocache.

If your geocache hasn't had many visitors since you dropped the TB in it, you might want to consider writing some personal messages through each geocachers profile, inquiring after your TB.

Good luck.

True but I've posted this also on the local Geocaching FB page and in their forum. along with pictures of both. I just figure the more eyes the better. This cache is maybe too easy to find so I may turn it into a multy with only the coordinates at the original site if this happens one more time. I've already picked out a possible site.

I went back to my cache to read the physical log. bounced it against geocaching.com and got a match s I'll message them to see if it was there when they visited.

Edited by KC3DX

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, if I posted to this forum every time one of our trackables went missing, let alone every time a TB went missing after we had moved it along, it would hijack the entire forum.

There is a TB Rescue page at project-gc.com that is dedicated to this topic, if you're interested in posting these as missions there.

While you are not out of line, I don't think you will reach an audience that can help you here.

You are taking the right steps with trying to track down who might have moved it. Just be sure to be nice when you contact people.

Since you are local, you can check the cache and see. If you want help, you might want to involve your local caching community -- perhaps they have a facebook page or something?

If you want some other help, try the TB Rescue on project-gc and there might be someone that can look for your area.