Champoeg Style event for Washington!

Wander Lost

Team Misguided is starting the planning for a Champoeg style event this summer in Western Washington. We've contacted the ranger at Millerslyvania State Park and have his full support. We chose this park as it is one of our favorites and for it's location. For anyone who isn't familiar with this park, it is half way between Seattle & Portland.

The plan would be to do a few hours of trail maintenance then have a pot luck lunch. We'd plan some caching events for after lunch. This is a great chance for us to show the State Park system that we are good stewards of our public lands. Everyone who comes down to work at this event will have the day use parking fee waived.

We will be camping out for the weekend and invite anyone who is interested to join us. The group campsite is already booked up for almost every weekend, but if we pick a date soon we can try to get a group of campsites together.

We need to nail down a date fairly soon so we can start getting the necessary reservations. I've listed two dates below. If you would be interested in participating please vote for the date that works best for you.

quote:
Originally posted by WSGA:

We should mention (perhaps in the original post, if it's not too late) that this is one of two such events being sponsored by the WSGA. The other one will be in eastern WA, later in the year.

Good point, thanks for mentioning it.

As far as the two dates, we wanted to have it early in the summer, but not too close to the Champoeg event that is scheduled for May 31-June 1st weekend.

Hopefully it won't conflict with the VCM, I'd be very dissapointed if we missed that event.

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Thanks for catching that, Slinger. I'd noticed that, too.

Not a problem, though. It's by no means an official announcement yet, but I'm looking at July 12 for the Victoria Cache Machine. Too many A-list cachers frog.gif have availability problems in late June. I'll have more details in future threads -- this ain't the one.

"I'm sure she would have been thrilled to find so much pooh in a little metal box."

Well it looks like the weekend of June 28th is the date. As it turns out after we posted this poll we found out that June 21st would not be a good date for us anyway. icon_confused.gif

We've booked our campsite. If you are interested in camping go to the web page for the park.

We are going to be camped near the comfort station next to site 13. We'll be in the serviced area site 236. The campground is wide open right now and there are quite a few sites in that general area.

I'll get in touch with the ranger next week to confirm the date and have him reserve us a kitchen shelter for the day. We'll be down at the park next weekend, and will post more details shortly.

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

[This message was edited by Wander Lost on April 06, 2003 at 06:08 PM.]