Human Cremains as a Travel Bug?

ArtieD

I love geocaching...I love it so much that I had this crazy idea. When I pass away, I wish to be cremated. After that is done, I'd like to have a few mega bison containers filled with some of my cremains and then somehow permanently sealed. Add to them a travel bug dog tag and voilà...I am now a trackable. I'd have them post missions asking people to take me to events, popular caches, etc. I'd stiil be able to participate in geocaching!

So, what do you think of this? Would you actually take and move on or otherwise help such a bug with its mission?

I love geocaching...I love it so much that I had this crazy idea. When I pass away, I wish to be cremated. After that is done, I'd like to have a few mega bison containers filled with some of my cremains and then somehow permanently sealed. Add to them a travel bug dog tag and voilà...I am now a trackable. I'd have them post missions asking people to take me to events, popular caches, etc. I'd stiil be able to participate in geocaching!

So, what do you think of this? Would you actually take and move on or otherwise help such a bug with its mission?

I think it's a creepy idea.

There appear to be a lot of this kind of thing, especially pets. And a TB of human remains in a pop-open glass jar, where finders get to dump out some ashes at various places. It has traveled a long time, although it is now described as a "box":

https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=15877

Although nobody knows what the curcumstances of your death will be, your next of kin will try their best to fulful your request. Consider that request wisely.

Edited by kunarion

My suggestion: have multiple TB travelers made (e.g., 100 - your estate will get a discount price). Each will be a 10cm Lucite cube containing a small sprinkling of the ashes. Your estate may also get a quantity discount price for buying 100 TB tags. Then your heirs can send these out to explore the world, and you will achieve a certain type of immortality (at least until, about 5 years later, when 90% of them have been lost).

:ph34r:

We helped TB3MZ8T (Bob's Adventure) on its journey, so it is definitely a feasible option.

^^WOW! What a cool trackable!! Thanks for sharing. GOOD LUCK BOB!

I think it's a neat idea. If the creep factor it too high for some then they can just leave that TB sit for the next person. Hope the seal holds!