Manage FTF STF TTF

miniil

Hello

Here is my questions :)

Wich site or tool do you use to manage FTF STF TTF for your caches, to place a podium on the page of a cache for example.

And also, is there a tool to count your personnal FTF STF TTF?

I tried geocachingcompanion but I don't receive the activation mail and when I look to their facebook page the site is not so active I think (last publication on 03/2016).

Thanks in advance for your response.

(Sorry if my english is not so good :) :) )

I use a bookmark list to track our FTFs. I do not track STF or TTF.

The cache podiums or lists of honor that I have seen have either been in HTML or created with an image editor.

As far as your English, I had no problem understanding exactly what you wanted to know. Certainly it appears much better than my French (and infinitely better than my Flemish).

Your English is fine, better than many, if not most.

For my own FTF's I use a spreadsheet, which I often forget to update.

Couldn't care less about STF or TTF, since I apparently barely care about FTF.

Cache happy.

Acknowledging STF and TTF seems to be fairly common in some countries in Europe. Personally, I don't care for the idea of turning geocaching into a race, especially when once the podium is full with FTF, STF, and TTF that some won't even try to find the cache.

Cache happy.

Acknowledging STF and TTF seems to be fairly common in some countries in Europe. Personally, I don't care for the idea of turning geocaching into a race, especially when once the podium is full with FTF, STF, and TTF that some won't even try to find the cache.

I've also seen races for puzzles for first, second, and third to solve.

As my grandmother would say, "'To each their own,' said the old woman as she kissed the cow."

Cache happy.

As my grandmother would say, "'To each their own,' said the old woman as she kissed the cow."

That's why I wrote "Personally".

Cache happy.

That's why I wrote "Personally".

Indeed.

OMG kissing cows!!!! (now i am pretty sure that is a joke, but just the thought...eeuww) I once stopped dating a woman who kissed her dog and then didn't understand why I didn't want to kiss her....(shivvers and chills!!)

So since I don't recall ever seeing anything other than FTF acknowledgment, which really is fine if you want to, I just wonder when it stops....10th, 50th, 100th....?

Edited by Mockingbird559

At least if you acknowledge three winners, you actually have three finders. When only FTF is acknowledged, things become deadly silent for some caches on the second day after publication, especially when it seems clear that both the container and the location are mundane.

The FTF competitiveness breathes spirit into the game, even though some in the forum don't care for it.

You can use plenty of macros and bookmark lists.

I'd recommend GSAK or Project-GC.

However, like online logs, you can fake your FTFs (but Groundspeak will ban you).

The thing that matters is the real log (but nobody will go out of the way to prove you guilty).

People don't generally care about STFs and TTFs (or GSAK/Project-GC for that matter).

If you don't get banned, please cue "Yakety-Sax".

So anyways, that is my 2¢ on the matter.

Thanks for all your response.

RuideAlmeida your link is just wath I was looking for to place the podium on my cache's page.

I'll also take a look at gsak.net and project-gc

I don't count my FTF, STF, TTF for now because I just have one TTF lol. But maybe one day I'll be better :) No... Joke... I don't really care in fact, it was a hazard for the TTF.

But the podium, I tought it was a good thing for those how care about it.

Have a nice day all of you.

If you're not first, you're last. Sweet baby Jesus.

FTF,STF and TTF are not officially tracked anywhere. You have to do it yourself. I use GSAK and use "FTF" in my log when I happen to be first (which I really don't care about anymore) but use the term "First To Find" in my logs when I refer to anything other than myself being first. Then I use the term "FTF" on My Finds logs in GSAK to set the FTF flag.

I don't care about being first anymore. But if I did, I would mock those that think 2nd, 3rd or even 4th was important :ph34r: