Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
BlueMotmot

Peace Crane Mystery Gift

This week I received a sweet little "peace crane" origami token from a mystery giver in memory of Sadako Sasaki.

I found this link explaining Sadakko's life, and the meaning of the crane: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadako_Sasaki

Than you, this crane will hold a special place in my heart and home.

Edited by BlueMotmot

This week I received a sweet little "peace crane" origami token from a mystery giver in memory of Sadako Sasaki.

I found this link explaining Sadakko's life, and the meaning of the crane: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadako_Sasaki

Than you, this crane will hold a special place in my heart and home.

One of my favorite things - origami cranes. Would it be possible for you to share a photo?

I was also fortunate to receive one of these coins. my picture was a little blurry, but here it is:

8ef97df3-b56b-478d-b49d-8043cab37748_zpseuadtffi.jpg

25744486-2e12-4013-8872-d8a6e30d5bbd_zps8rbcadz4.jpg

to send out such a mystery coin is truly a wonderful thought...thank you mystery giver !

ILYK

ILYL

I was also fortunate to receive one of these coins. my picture was a little blurry, but here it is:

8ef97df3-b56b-478d-b49d-8043cab37748_zpseuadtffi.jpg

25744486-2e12-4013-8872-d8a6e30d5bbd_zps8rbcadz4.jpg

to send out such a mystery coin is truly a wonderful thought...thank you mystery giver !

ILYK

ILYL

Beautiful coin and a deserving recipient :)

WOW!!!!! nice origami coin!!!! and what a story!!!! congratulations my friends!!! :)

Very nice! I have Japanese friends who can make a crane out of anything, but never have seen one like this. Sadako's story behind the cranes is very meaningful. I'll always remember visiting the memorial to her in Hiroshima. Thank you for sharing it.