mygeocaching profile no longer working?

GrateBear

So, is this site down for good? I've been using it for years with no problem. About 2 weeks ago, it took several tries before it would upload my finds PQ. Tonight, nothing. Tried about 10 times, and when I click "upload", it just sits there. Anyone else having problems?

Well, of course just now it started to work, but it took about 10 minutes to start. I guess this is progress?

Edited by GrateBear

So, is this site down for good? I've been using it for years with no problem. About 2 weeks ago, it took several tries before it would upload my finds PQ. Tonight, nothing. Tried about 10 times, and when I click "upload", it just sits there. Anyone else having problems?

Well, of course just now it started to work, but it took about 10 minutes to start. I guess this is progress?

I uploaded twice within the past week without any problems.

You may already be tracking some or all of this, but just in case. When you click upload, you should check the status bar toward the bottom -- it processes several things before it gets you to the "build your profile" page, including checking counties on each of your finds. The more caches you find, the longer it will take. And if others are loading theirs at the same time, it'll slow things down.

Some people run websites as a hobby, maybe to support their main hobby, maybe when they have other things more demanding of their time. Maybe they're actually out having fun in the woods while the server's popping up error messages.

Go easy on them please.

Spoken from experience.

I thought Groundspeak was a business?

They are, but the fault here isn't with a Groundspeak site, it's with mygeocachingprofile.com which belongs to A.N. Other, and doesn't appear to be a business.