Cacher moved my trackable to their collection

skoolz2

I just noticed that another geocacher moved my trackable to their collection. What does this mean?

Well, you marked it as collectible and they took you at your word. If you don't want them to keep it, you could try a very nice note to them explaining that you didn't know what you were doing and asking them to move it along.

I just noticed that another geocacher moved my trackable to their collection. What does this mean?

Well, you marked it as collectible and they took you at your word. If you don't want them to keep it, you could try a very nice note to them explaining that you didn't know what you were doing and asking them to move it along.

How do you move another players trackable to your collection? I thought if the TB was marked collectible the only options were discover or write note? :unsure:

If you retrieved a trackable and then it was made collectible, the only options are Write Note and Move to Collection. Once in your Collection, the options are Move to Inventory and Write Note.

I have one collectible trackable (that is not my own) in my collection. Traveler was given to me as a gift from the owner to keep in my collection.

Edited by Great Scott!

If you retrieved a trackable and then it was made collectible, the only options are Write Note and Move to Collection. Once in your Collection, the options are Move to Inventory and Write Note.

I have one collectible trackable (that is not my own) in my collection. Traveler was given to me as a gift from the owner to keep in my collection.

Thank you for your reply. :)

Yes. The taker seems to like clicking buttons just to see what happens, just as the OP does. :anibad:

Also go ahead and mark it "Not Collectible". The person keeping it does so only as the Owner wishes. If you don't want them to keep it, they place it into a cache and log it.

There is the possibility that the taker placed the TB into a cache already, not knowing what "The Collection" is for. So it's good to contact that person and get the situation cleared up.

Edited by kunarion