Oregone in the Oregonian

Did anyone see the article with picture of Oregone on the front of the Living section of this mornings Oregonian? Don't read it if you don't want to find the spoilers to a couple of caches icon_wink.gif. It also mentions Explosis and has a small profile on each of them. Good article and friendly to geocaching. Way to go guys icon_cool.gif.

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.

Oregone and Explosis are studs, no two ways about it.

Great article. I love the Explosis Factor heading. icon_cool.gif I was laughing my head off in the breakroom and my coworkers were looking at me like I had quite possibly overdosed on caffeine "already". icon_eek.gif

Very good, positive piece, and I am almost afraid to see how many new geocachers it creates!

And just exactly what did you plan on doing with the religious pamphlet there, Oregone?

icon_wink.gif

I think I am going to have to beg for an autograph as well.

So I wake up this morning and the grandparents are already off to work and there is the paper lying open to the article on the dining room table. "Hey look, that's Oregone!" I read it over my frozen waffles and decide to jump on line to see what everyone is saying about it and who is it that started the thread The Grandparents! They really do have to be first at everything don't they! HEHEHE.

Great article, gonna need to make some copies to keep. It was kinda cool to know that I have a famous copy of the PGE CD, picked it up from the fire tower.

Thank y'all for noticing me in the newspaper. I know i'm a big geek.

However, as many of you may know, a life-long dream of mine was finally fulfilled this morning: To have my picture in print between two of my idols--bill clinton and margie boule.

and if anyone ever utters the words, 'the explosis factor' to me, i'm gonna throw whiskey bottles at them.

(emoticon!)

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

What exactly is the "Explosis Factor"??? I thought he had given up on caching icon_biggrin.gif. Well I loved the article and thought it was a good (although short) one. Oh well ! Martin and Short go together well. icon_wink.gif I mean the comedian. I mean the Hollywood Second City TV comedian. icon_razz.gif.

I see that you didn't take Lauren with you on this trek. Afraid she might steal the limelight???

Once again nice article and tastefully done. They picked two of my mentors and two of the best ambassadors this sport has to offer. icon_cool.gif

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

a coworker had the living section sitting on my desk.

It was great how he mentioned his ex's and pbr in the article.

I ran into explosis once on a hunt in happy valley. I saw the explosis factor first hand as he walked through a ton of sticker bushes, crossed a muddy creek 3x and circled round and round till he found the cache.

Good article.

Makes me wish I could cache all day, although I can barely find time to do jack anymore.

I am a little bit of an Acrobat expert. I can make PDFs sing any my tune of my choice, graphically-speaking.

I have already PDF'd the online article, and soon I will add the lovely color picture from the printed version in the Living section.

Then I'll post it somewhere for you guys to grab and archive and enjoy. icon_smile.gif

-Elana

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")

quote:
Originally posted by The Quantum Mechanic:

I was trying to look up stats on the website mentioned in the article, but it is a fantasy sports page.

caching stats page

I had been to this page quite some time ago. Although I could not find it from just plain InsideCorner.com, I was able to access it from somewhere that I cannot remember now. Evidentally this is not a choice on the page's main menu. Guess you have to be 'in the know.' Our caches found is about 50 off, but our last cache found date is correct. Hmmm...

--laurak of dasein

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

Something's mighty fishy here!

After reading the piece in the paper I looked up the now famous cache where Oregone's mug shot was taken, the "Clatskanie Fire Tower" cache. Guess what, there's no recent log of Oregone's thereicon_eek.gif! Why? Because he found that cache way back in August of 2 0 0 1! Yet according to the article he left a vintage 2002 PGE CD in the cache. What's up with that? Man if this means there's another cacher out there with a time machine I'm crying foulicon_wink.gif.

Confused in PDX.

quote:
Originally posted by sparklehorse:

Something's mighty fishy here!

After reading the piece in the paper I looked up the now famous cache where Oregone's mug shot was taken, the "Clatskanie Fire Tower" cache. Guess what, there's no recent log of Oregone's thereicon_eek.gif! Why? Because he found that cache way back in August of _2 0 0 1_! Yet according to the article he left a vintage 2002 PGE CD in the cache. What's up with that? Man if this means there's another cacher out there with a time machine I'm crying foulicon_wink.gif.

Confused in PDX.

I think it's more like he first visited in 2001 and took the reporter to that cache cause he knew it was a good one. While there with the reporter he left a cd just so the reporter could see something traded.

Tungsten wrote:

quote:
I think it's more like he first visited in 2001 and took the reporter to that cache cause he knew it was a good one. While there with the reporter he left a cd just so the reporter could see something traded.

Yea, I figure it's something like that too; I'm just giving him a hard time. Hey, he got his picture in the paper AND brazenly consumed alcohol in front of a reporter. Ya can't let him off scott-freeicon_biggrin.gif!

While i was out with that reporter, i happened to mention Klingon Karaoke. Anyone that went to that geocaching get-together may want to check out tomorrow's living section--that same reporter did a story about that too.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
While i was out with that reporter, i happened to mention Klingon Karaoke. Anyone that went to that geocaching get-together may want to check out tomorrow's living section--that same reporter did a story about that too.

Hold me...I'm scared. icon_biggrin.gif

"To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower....." William Blake

quote:
Originally posted by John E Cache:

In case you missed it:

Stomp peasants to achieve burnination.

I'm padding around upstairs, and from the downstairs family room, I keep hearing "Trogdor! Trogdor!" Now Doug has showed me the homestarrunner stuff, so I know what it is, but why must he keep yelling out "Trogdor!"?

Thankfully Doug hasn't gone loony on me, it's a brand new game just out. Great! icon_rolleyes.gif I gotta admit that he's pretty cute though (Doug AND the dragon)! What the heck was this thread about, anyway?

laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

For those of you who have not yet found the joy that is homestarrunner.com, and are wondering who the heck TROGDOR is, and why everyone keeps screaming his name, take the tour, and read some e-mail (I suggest "Techno", and "Guitar"). If you're not hooked after a few clicks, I can't help you.

Waisting time has never been this much fun.

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

[This message was edited by Team JOYSON on March 18, 2003 at 01:56 PM.]