Delete geocaches from Garmin 600

Rotgut

Ypu've probably figured this out by now,but the only way to delete caches from the Oregon is by connecting to your computer, looking in the gpz and ggz files, and deleting the caches you want. If you send caches to an SD card you have to do the same thing in that folder.

edexter

If you use GSAK to manage and upload caches (as I do), you can set it to delete the existing GPX files for you.

Ypu've probably figured this out by now,but the only way to delete caches from the Oregon is by connecting to your computer, looking in the gpz and ggz files, and deleting the caches you want. If you send caches to an SD card you have to do the same thing in that folder.

edexter

If you use GSAK to manage and upload caches (as I do), you can set it to delete the existing GPX files for you.

I always like it when someone tells you what you can do but doesn't tell you how to do it - NOT!!!!!!!!!!

How do I delete geocaches from my Garmin 600?

I tried connecting it to the computer and tried to delete them from there but when I turned the Garmin 600 back on the geocaches were still there.

Are you a Mac user? If so: empty the trash after deleting the gpx/ggz files.

Hans

edexter

I always like it when someone tells you what you can do but doesn't tell you how to do it - NOT!!!!!!!!!!

I always appreciate when someone responds to an attempt to help with a snarky reply, rather than being polite and just asking for more information. But I'll bite. Hopefully this will be more helpful.

Whether you use the Send to GPSr function, or use the Send to Garmin macro, both will bring up a dialogue box with various settings. One of those check boxes is to overwrite the existing GPX. Run it and you should see it.

However, I've found that doing this with a Garmin doesn't prevent database errors that happen from time to time with a Garmin (like cache descriptions refusing to load). These days, I manually delete my GPX file before loading up a new one. To do this, I plug my GPSr into my computer for data mode, wait until Windows recognizes it as a drive, then go to the GPX folder and manually delete the geocache.gpx file. Then I restart my GPSr in regular mode and make it realize there is no GPX file. Then, I restart it again in data mode and use the Send to Garmin macro to upload fresh new caches.

Given your attitude, I won't wait around for a "thanks for your help." Have a nice day, regardless.

Edited by hzoi