Logging Date Error

Creaky Cactus

I have seen in other logs that the date and time are based on PST for local Seattle time. This is not the case in this new app as it is logging caches a full day ahead. It is still 2/18/2017 on the East coast and still even earlier on the west coast and tonight's Cache has already logged for tomorrow 02/19/2017. We are working on filling in our yearly calendar and to be able to do this now we will have to correct the log of every single cache that we find from here forward in the new app to correct. This was not a problem in the classic app. It has just started this week with the new app when we started receiving the message that the classic app will be retired. Please don't retire the classic app. It is so much better than this new app. But if you are going to do that please please fix the date issue. I do not want to have to log onto this website every day to fix our dates on our caches.

Not necessarily for this thread but the other issue that I really don't like is not being able to just click on the cache and open and read about it with out clicking on it again to read more. The classic app was much more user friendly.

When we write a log with the app, sometimes the date of the log is wrong. Sometimes it is a day behind, sometimes it is a day ahead. We cached today (2016-09-12) and the app logged it as 2016-09-13.

The APP is posting in GMT and is not paying any attention to using local_time() as a function. Most apps will use a local_time() function to convert the date/time appropriately.

This one most definitely uses GMT as right now in PST after 4 pm it posts to the next day and in the summer it's after 5 PM PST.

When in Australia and NZ, the same thing would happen.

Incredibly frustration for people trying to get their "most in a day" or to maintain a streak with the APP posts their finds at the wrong date / time.

I've noticed this bug, too. It was logging some of my finds a day ahead of the actual time (ie. a day in the future on a date that hadn't happened yet). At first, I thought it was because I hadn't set my timezone correctly since I am in MST (Alberta), but now that I've done that I am getting the exact same problem.

It seems to me that the server ought to stamp it according to local time at the provided Lat, Long, regardless of any locale settings on the device or timezone set in the user's profile. That would correctify any issues introduced from users visiting other timezones.

In my particular case, though, it should be less complex than that, because I haven't searched for any caches outside my home timezone yet.

Furthermore, the app on my android was correctly logging my visits as eg. "3 hours ago", it's in a desktop browser where I see the date issues. However, my caching partner, on the other hand, was showing as eg. "10 hours ago" even though they were at the same cache at the same time. This does seem to be timezone related again since we are 7 hours off GMT. (the difference between 3 and 10).

Basically, the time stamps are incredibly inconsistent with one another. I hope the development team is able to figure out what's up.

This is most likely related to the Field Notes bug being discussed in this thread. Feel free to post your findings there for more information.

Timezone conversions are causing an offset in uploaded field notes using some tools/apps, so if close to midnight it can cause a date rollover which is very annoying to any of us experiencing this issue...