Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Orros

China and c:geo

5 posts in this topic

Dear geocachers,

I am visiting China and I am experiencing some troubles in downloading caches via C:geo for offline use. I can store all the information about the cache ( included pictures ) but I cannot download the static map as I usually do back in Europe.

I tried to download a European cache and the result was the same : complete information about the cache but no static maps.

I would like to know if it this is a common problem due to web censorship by the Chinese government or if this is a problem related to my device/c:geo/locusmap.

Have you got any ideas ?

Thank-you very much for your kind help.

Orros from Tuscany

I would like to know if it this is a common problem due to web censorship by the Chinese government or if this is a problem related to my device/c:geo/locusmap.

I would worry less about censorship by the Chinese government than I would Groundspeak for posting information requests about c:geo in their forums. :laughing:

Thanks very much for your help. I downloaded the maps you suggested me and now I can start my Chinese search... Thanks a lot!

I would worry less about censorship by the Chinese government than I would Groundspeak for posting information requests about c:geo in their forums. :laughing:

Oups... I understand... Should I cancel the post?