Nature Waytour- What category?

TroopTX0217

Hello! I have been interested in making a virtually guided interpretive nature walk at a local municipal park. It looks like Waymarking is the way to get this done! My question has to do with where to place this in the categories/directories. I see there is a section for Nature/Plants, but there is a Waytour section under Multifarious. The Nature Waytour will have about a dozen waystops along a nature trail around a lake (about a mile and a half).

Could use some direction please.

Hello! I have been interested in making a virtually guided interpretive nature walk at a local municipal park. It looks like Waymarking is the way to get this done! My question has to do with where to place this in the categories/directories. I see there is a section for Nature/Plants, but there is a Waytour section under Multifarious. The Nature Waytour will have about a dozen waystops along a nature trail around a lake (about a mile and a half).

Given that you're not (yet) a Waymarker, would I be correct in assuming that your intention is to create this Waytour, as opposed to Waymarking a Waytour?

Given that you're not (yet) a Waymarker, would I be correct in assuming that your intention is to create this Waytour, as opposed to Waymarking a Waytour?

Sounds to me like a Scout geocaching project where an EarthCache may fit. :)

The category "Flora and Fauna Information Signs" could be appropriate, in the description there is "The name should highlight the flora or fauna that is the subject of the sign and the location of the sign. Should there be multiple items of information, use a group description for the subject."

Unfortunately we use to see multiple waymarks, as many as waystops, for the same waytour nature.

When I see the words/phrases, "nature walk" and "Nature/Plants", I think...mmmmm...doesn't sound like a lot of geology in those topics.

When I see the words/phrases, "nature walk" and "Nature/Plants", I think...mmmmm...doesn't sound like a lot of geology in those topics.

One of the last EarthCaches I visited and really enjoyed was a nature walk along a boardwalk in a maritime forest. There were information signs along the boardwalk that contained the earth science and geology lesson answers required to log the EC.

It would more effort and hard work to create an EarthCache, but unlike Waymarks it would get lot's of visits. Remember when EarthCaches were part of Waymarking and were moved back to the geocaching site because of lack of interest?

If this is only being done as a Scout project, take the easy way out and make your virtually guided interpretive nature walk at the park a WayTour.

The OP has not tried Waymarking before, and if their intent is to get visits to their project then they should create a EarthCache virtual nature tour.

Edited by Manville Possum

Not if the Waytour is about flora and fauna. Earthcaches are about Earth science like geology, not botany or biology.

Not if the Waytour is about flora and fauna. Earthcaches are about Earth science like geology, not botany or biology.

One of my EC's in a park is about the plants in a Rain Garden there. :rolleyes:

Earthcaches require more research and effort than just taking pictures and calling them Waymarks.

I could be wrong, but the way I'm reading the OP in this thread it appears to be a Scout merit badge project. :anibad: