Counties

Do you mean Badge Gen levels, either within the Badge Gen GSAK macro functionality or the adaptation of Badge Gen on Project-GC.com? If so, then the levels for the different badges are based on the percentage completion of the same 14 defined UK regions. For example, to achieve the UK "Emerald" badge you need to have found a cache in 13 of the 14 UK regions. Counties are irrelevant.

Being US-based, I cannot tell you offhand whether Southampton and Gatwick Airport fall within the same region. Look at a cache page for each location and you will have your answer.

You've asked your question in the API forum so I am thinking you meant BadgeGen in GSAK or Project-GC -- both API partner applications. If I'm mistaken, I'd be happy to move your thread to the United Kingdom and Ireland forum section. Local knowledge would likely be more helpful.

Can anyone tell me please how many districts there are within the uk which earn a badge? If so, could you tell me if Southampton, and London (Gatwick Airport) are different areas.thanks.

Define "District"

The UK has Parish, County, Country, and for caching - UK Regions.

Caching-wise Southampton and Gatwick airport are not in the same area. (Other than both being in 'England' and the 'UK'

Only the "UK" gets a Groundspeak badge for caching in an 'area'

'Groundpeak-wise:

Gatwick: West Sussex: South East England

Southampton: Hampshire: Southern England

Edited by Bear and Ragged