Kache for Kids

Quantum Mechanic

With all the community minded people that are caching around here, I was thinking about having a get together to collect some school supplies for underprivleged kids. Since I am one of the founding members of the infamous Tuesday Night Cache Crew, I'm thinking of doing this on Tuesday the 19th of August. I don't have a place in mind yet, but I'm wondering if the support will be out there. Anybody up for it?

-Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.-

QM,

Please forgive me for that comment. It was not meant to be malicious.

P4 aside, we do realize that basic school supplies are a help to those that need them, and that the need is great. We will do what we can to help.

--laurakk

" "

-Helen Keller

No prob dasein. I musta woke up on the wrong side o' the bed that day icon_rolleyes.gif. I'm not too sure about bars around this area since about the only time I drink is around you all (I know, I know...hard to believe ain't it?), so I was thinking about the Lucky Lab. Seems like a nice place to meet. I am open for any other suggestions that people may have. I'm going to be doing way to much work in the next few weeks to make up any cool caches for the night so if anybody has any ideas to make this a bit funner, please let me know. Below is a list of items that are being requested by School House Supplies(www.schoolhousessupplies.com) of Portland.

Backpacks

Binder paper

Binders, 2” and Trapper keepers

Index dividers for binders

Calculators

Colored pencils

Computer Disks

Crayons, box of 24 or more

Erasers

Felt markers, narrow point

Glue sticks or Elmer’s glue

Kleenex

Pencils

Pencil pouches/boxes

Pens

Protractors

Rulers

Scissors

Spiral notebooks, wide and college ruled

Twin pocket portfolios, or Pee Chees

So, come on out for beers (and I ain't buying) and some good old community spirit.

quote:
Originally posted by The Quantum Mechanic:

Below is a list of items that are being requested by School House Supplies(www.schoolhousessupplies.com) of Portland.

The above URL didn't work for me, turns out School House Supplies are a '.org.' URL.

In addition to the list given in QM's message above, the Teacher Wish List Itemshas some additional ideas.

Doug and I have marked our calendar. If Doug is not able to make it, I will stop by Lukcy Lab for a visit and to drop off a donation.

--laurak

Quantum Mechanic,

Your profile shows your location as "Worldwide"...

You may want to give a general location of where you are considering getting together.

I'm up in Seattle area, and I gather you are near Portland from the link you gave.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

quote:
Originally posted by The Quantum Mechanic:

Not getting a lot of local response from this one tho.

Miss the chance to actually see a Tuesday Night Cache Crew member in person? Not me. But I didn't respond because I can't guarantee that I'll be there -- but I intend to be. Hey, they have free peanuts at the Lucky Lab, so how can I turn that down?

OK, so I shouldn't make cache pages at 6am after working 12 hours. It has been repaired and should be good to go now. I think. Anyways, its gonna be on the 19th around 8pm. I just found out today that I broke my foot 1 1/2 months ago and I'm really hoping that I don't have to get it casted on Tuesday or Sassquatch will have to push me around the Lucky Lab in a wheelchair icon_eek.gif. See ya all on Tuesday.

[This message was edited by The Quantum Mechanic on August 16, 2003 at 08:48 AM.]

icon_frown.gif Folks, I apologize, but I'm going to need to put this one off for a couple of weeks. I have way to much going on this week and I'm not even sure that I will be able to attend if it does go on. Depends on what my doctor says about my foot. I thank everyone for their enthusiasm for this cause. I will reschedule it for 2 weeks from Tuesday. Which will make it September 2nd. Let me know if this is an issue for anyone. Once again, I apologize.