Trackable Map Page

Homer_J_Simpson

Hello,

many Trackables have a long list of Cache visits. Our personal Geocoins which we let "visit" each found Cache have about 5000 log entries. Other Trackables which are on tour for a long time also have many entries. Many Cachers log "visit" for each Trackable they have in their inventory, so the number of logs increase.

When viewing the map page of one of these trackables, the buildup for the page is very slow. Zooming or moving the map is nearly impossible (using FF).

Is it possible to limit the numer of logs which are displayed, for example giving an option on the page to view only the last 1000 logs or so? I think this will speed up the page.

Or is there a way to speed up the browser engine.

Yes, creating a .kml file is one option.

But my problem is, that the trackable map page from Groundspeak has very poor performance. I tried to zoom in and shift the map to get where I want but performance is poor.

So, It would be helpful to display only the last 1000, 500, 100 Caches (like the drop-down-field in Bookmark Lists) to speed up the page.

I think, such an option would have the posivie side effect that the Groundspeak Servers have to handle less data.