Need Help.

theZenny

Hey, just a couple questions to ask.

First off, I decided to make a geocache that is gonna be different from normal ones (puzzly like, takes time to make...) that you can find. I am doing this for a Senior Project at Forest Grove High School, and I just need some good ideas on different ways I could make a good geocache.

Second, for this Senior Project a Mentor is required. Pretty much a mentor would act like a guide to discuss on making the project and someone I could refer to when I need help making the geocache. So if anyone in the Forest Grove or Hillsboro area is interested at all being a possible mentor, just email me at: theZenny@hotmail.com and I will give you more information about what the whole thing is about.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

-Zenny

Are you on the cheerleading squad, and are you 18 yet?

Seriously though, the following caches should provide some inspiration:

Maps to the stars homes

demonhead flats

elegia

crouching puzzle hidden cache

and, of course, the shameless plug for my instrumental version cache.

This cache in Illinois seems like a good puzzle, but of course i've never tried it before.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by theZenny:

And personally, I would think it would be strange for a guy to be part of cheerleading ;)

Maybe it's just a 28-year-old thing, but when you get to be my age and a high school senior asks for help, the first thing you think of is pom-poms, bloomers, two bottles of Boone's Strawberry Hill, and the folded-down backseat of a Subaru. My apologies in advance to any parents reading this.

If you're serious about this project, you'll plead, beg, and bribe fractal to help you out. He's pretty much the master of the puzzle cache. Also, if he helps you, maybe he won't have time to put out another cache i can't figure out, since i'm still working on elegia2.

If you need a place to actually hide it in the hillsboro/forest grove area, i think i can recommend a place that doesn't have one yet.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Hello, theZenny:

To be honest, we haven't done many puzzle caches, so we're not going to comment on them specifically. But, have you found some caches yet, especially puzzle caches? If not, that would be a great starting point to get better acquainted with the sport, how to operate a GPS, and creating puzzle caches. Which of your classes is this for?

BTW, we don't think that a male cheerleader is weird...aren't they usually the ones that hold up the women on their shoulders for formations and catch them in their arms? Oh yeah!icon_biggrin.gif

Best wishes to you on this project. icon_cool.gif

--laurak of dasein

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

[This message was edited by dasein on February 11, 2003 at 11:18 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

If you're serious about this project, you'll plead, beg, and bribe fractal to help you out. He's pretty much the master of the puzzle cache.

Fractal is indeed the legendary 'Master of puzzles'. You would do well to hook up with him, if only he'll have you... icon_rolleyes.gif

--Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

I think Fractal would be an excelent mentor for you to track down. You don't have any finds to your name, so I think starting with all of the caches listed above would be a great idea. Watershed Moment would be another good cache to try. Why didn't we have Geocaching when I was a senior??? Good luck TheZenny...

"Hello Cleveland... Hello Cleveland... I would like some pork... This one has a little guy in it."

I am in contact with theZenny.. We'll see how this whole thing goes. Kinda looking forward to it icon_smile.gif

And thanks to everyone for the cool comments.. I shall name my first born after all of you:

JoysOreSein!

Seriously.. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45? 30.ish

W 122? 58.ish

theZenny moment (theZenny, theZoomy, and theZima have each hidden caches...)

Zennygia - Cachers are required to assemble a puzzle composed entirely of fruit-loops (different colored O's) to find the true coordinates of the cache.

Crouching Fractal, Hidden Zemmy - Trailer coming soon

Wild in the Zemmy - Look for the CD in a cache near you